Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

annericelover

There is still a chance for us to get a 2nd Season and for the numbers to go up. According to the link article above since the 13th episode will not air, they are contracted for 13 aired episodes, so they need to air a 13th episode which will allow them the opportunity for a 2nd season through s new contract. At least that is my understanding.

They ordered 13 episodes. They aren't obligated to air 13. They count the pilot as 13, so they got what they ordered. That's why there will only be 12 aired this season.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now I understand what happened.

Producer Tim Minear posting on Whedonesque, says the episode will definitely be on the DVD and confirms Fox's "we're gonna count the scrapped pilot" stance: "Okay. So maybe I can help clarify this somewhat. Because we scrapped the original pilot -- and in fact cannibalized some of its parts for other eps -- we really ended up with 12 episodes. But the studio makes DVD and other deals based on the original 13 number. So we created a standalone kind of coda episode. Which is the mythical new episode 13. The network had already paid for 13 episodes, and this included the one they agreed to let us scrap for parts. It does not include the one we made to bring the number back up to 13 for the studio side and its obligations. We always knew it would be for the DVD for sure, but we also think Fox should air it because it’s awesome."

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/04/fox-cutting...-dollhouse.html

This new episode being on the dvd means the original pilot won't be since they can only put 13 episodes on it.

• 4 weeks later...

It wouldn't be so bad if I thought it was going anywhere. Not only do I not see it continuing the story, I don't even know what the story is. There is no central focus to the show. Is it about Echo, or Ballard, or the Dollhouse itself? What is the overall story arc? The whole season wasn't leading up to anything. There is no protagonist, no antagonist, no good, and no bad. Everyone is a shade of grey.

I'll get the DVD because I'm a Whedon completist but I've really been disappointed with this show from what I've seen. I guess I'd rather a bad show got canned rather then another Firefly. I couldn't handle another show THAT good being cut.

I liked the last few episodes once things finally started to pick up, but you shouldnt have to wait over half the season for good episodes or for things to kick off. I only kept watching because a friend said the concept starts to click the more you get into it and Whedon's style comes out more after the 6th episode or something, wasnt worth it as even the bright spots werent enough

The show has been picked up for a second season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...cec93d04d0a49c0

I am perplexed.

But hey, at least now they've got all the feedback from Season 1. Maybe they can make it good now. :/

I'd actually be happy if Buffy just showed up and staked Topher, DeWitt, and Ballard through the chest. And had Angel bite them so they'd turn into vamps, then stake them again. And burn the ashes.

• 4 months later...
Dollhouse rose to a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating and 2.25 million viewers. That’s up from last week’s .8 (which rose to .9 in the final numbers) by 25%. Now we wait to see what happens on 10/23 since next Friday, 10/16 is the first round of the ALCS (baseball conference championships) on FOX. Ok, perhaps rising from a series low that was very low isn’t anything to brag about. But, it’s at least better than setting another series low!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/10/tv-ratings-dollhouse-rises-ghost-whisperer-leads-cbs-to-win/30118

I want to like this show, but there is something that just doesn't click with me. Also, Dushku's acting is getting worse every episode. Her college student in last nights episode was the worst acting yet.

I actually liked last week's episode. Eliza's college girl act was a bit of a cliche, but I found myself more interested in the psycho/victor storyline. This is the first episode of the season I enjoyed. Question still comes to mind...What happened between Echo and Alpha? She left last season with Alpha and than beginning of this season she'sback at the Dollhouse, what happened?