Mega Man Anniversary Collection

clay7926

Own it, already been through the first Mega Man game and am going through my all out favorite Mega Man game of all time right now*Mega Man 2*. I'm trying to go in order with all of them, although I have played through some of the other games a bit.

Can't wait to try out the two secret games. Even though I haven't heard any good things bout them, I still at least wanna see what they're like.

-edit-This is also on the PS2, so it should be in the General Topics.

I just started playing it Thursday night (GC version). So far, so good. The original Mega Man is kicking my butt right now (how the #&*%%%!! do I beat Wily?), and I've gotten used to the different shooting configuration (A=shoot, B=jump).

What's dissapointing is that with all 8 games on one disk, you actually get to see how the quality of the games decreased with MM 5 and 6.

THIS is video gaming at it's best. Who needs Halo 2? :P

I just started playing it Thursday night (GC version).  So far, so good.  The original Mega Man is kicking my butt right now (how the #&*%%%!! do I beat Wily?)

You think he was hard, wait till you get to the one in Mega Man 2. :bang:

, and I've gotten used to the different shooting configuration (A=shoot, B=jump). 

Yeah, the way they made them kinda made me wish they gave you the option to adjust the controls. But yeah, after awhile you get use to the way they put them together.... sorta.

THIS is video gaming at it's best.  Who needs Halo 2?  :P

Amen, brother. :rockon:

I just started playing it Thursday night (GC version).  So far, so good.  The original Mega Man is kicking my butt right now (how the #&*%%%!! do I beat Wily?)

Are you kidding? Number 2 would have to be the easiest MM game.

I'll definitely be picking this game up.

I've got a question. Did they introduce a save function for number 1?

One: Yeah, you can save one game with every Mega Man game. So you can make a save with the first Mega Man.

Two: I was just talking about Wily in his machine right after facing the eight robot bosses again, not the easy ass alien or the whole game in general.

One: Yeah, you can save one game with every Mega Man game. So you can make a save with the first Mega Man.

Two: I was just talking about Wily in his machine right after facing the eight robot bosses again, not the easy ass alien or the whole game in general.

Actually, MM2 Wily's ship was easier than MM1. The one in MM1 got in too many cheap shots (thank God the Elec Beam/Cut Blade Pause Trick works :toothy:

Well, I think it's that AND the fact that in MM2, you could fall back on the Energy Tanks. :toothy:

Actually, MM2 Wily's ship was easier than MM1. The one in MM1 got in too many cheap shots (thank God the Elec Beam/Cut Blade Pause Trick works :toothy:

Well, I think it's that AND the fact that in MM2, you could fall back on the Energy Tanks. :toothy:

Eh, I didn't ever have energy tanks by that point, which I'm sure could've been a really huge help at the time. :doh:

I dunno, I never really had nearly as hard of a time beating the first boss rather than the second one. They were both difficult, but the second games boss always killed me in his second form since I couldn't avoid those bouncing balles.

Quick question for people who have beaten Mega Man 2-Was that the game where after you defeated the final Wily boss, just as he's pleading for mercy his head starts springing up and down. Revealing him to be nothing more than just a robot himself or was that another Mega Man game where that happened? I thought that was Mega Man 2, but I never saw it after beating the game.

This game kicks ass. I've had it for a couple of days and am loving going through the games again. God, I had forgotten how horrid the voices are in number 8. WHat's up with it not saving your energy tanks? I had 4 energy tanks, saved my game, and when I started back up the next day, I had zero energy tanks?

WHat's up with it not saving your energy tanks?  I had 4 energy tanks, saved my game, and when I started back up the next day, I had zero energy tanks?

I don't know about eight, but I actually lost all my energy tanks whenever I died in Mega Man 2. Haven't found out yet if I still have mine in 3 yet after shutting the game off, but I haven't lost any of my energy tanks in that game yet even though I've died against quite a few of the robot bosses. Might just depend on what game you're playing.

Shit, I don't remember.  Isn't there one where he turns into an alien?

Yeah, I made a comment about that in one of my posts. It was Mega Man 2 you face the alien in.

WHat's up with it not saving your energy tanks?  I had 4 energy tanks, saved my game, and when I started back up the next day, I had zero energy tanks?

I don't know about eight, but I actually lost all my energy tanks whenever I died in Mega Man 2. Haven't found out yet if I still have mine in 3 yet after shutting the game off, but I haven't lost any of my energy tanks in that game yet even though I've died against quite a few of the robot bosses. Might just depend on what game you're playing.

I've never lost any energy tanks after dieing, but then again I don't die much :P . It just seems that if you stop a game, when you come back to it, even after saving it, you lose all your energy tanks, and this is frustrating.

I've never lost any energy tanks after dieing, but then again I don't die much :P .

Show off. <_<

Kidding... I'm just kidding.

It just seems that if you stop a game, when you come back to it, even after saving it, you lose all your energy tanks, and this is frustrating

Yeah, I doubt since it was Mega Man 8 that was a problem with the original. Maybe the saves with AC just don't pick up on that for some weird reason.

I've never lost any energy tanks after dieing, but then again I don't die much :P .

Show off. <_<

Kidding... I'm just kidding.

It just seems that if you stop a game, when you come back to it, even after saving it, you lose all your energy tanks, and this is frustrating

Yeah, I doubt since it was Mega Man 8 that was a problem with the original. Maybe the saves with AC just don't pick up on that for some weird reason.

I don't know about eight, since I've bearly played that one. However, the energy tank problem I was referring to happens so far on 1-7. I don't know if it happens on eight as I haven't played much of it, I can't stand the voice acting for too long.

I don't know about eight, since I've bearly played that one. However, the energy tank problem I was referring to happens so far on 1-7. I don't know if it happens on eight as I haven't played much of it, I can't stand the voice acting for too long.

My mistake, thought you were talking about eight*And after looking over your previous posts, I have absolutely no idea why*.

On another note, just got hold of the two secret games and played through each of them with another person. Basically they're just a bunch of boss battles until you reach Wilys Base. They're alright at first, but after you beat them once*And they end really quick* there's really nothing more to them.

Quick question for people who have beaten Mega Man 2-Was that the game where after you defeated the final Wily boss, just as he's pleading for mercy his head starts springing up and down. Revealing him to be nothing more than just a robot himself or was that another Mega Man game where that happened? I thought that was Mega Man 2, but I never saw it after beating the game.

That's Mega Man 3 after you beat the pre-Wily.

• 2 weeks later...
If anybody's interesting, I posted a column on the main page about the lack of originality in gaming.  I only mention it here because it was inspired by Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

I'm interesting! :P

Damn. How'd that one slip by me? I check and double check my posts. :doh: