Nightmare on Elm Street remake

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

dude i think that fi done well then this can return the series to a scary place. The only real probelm i would see with this is that it might be PG-13. This may be geared more towards teens, and most cant go if it is R. But that might also be a good thing, because too much violence never makes a good horror movie.

God, I hate Hollywood. Englund has only has this role, really. I mean, he's had other piddly shit, but this was his bread and butter. He BUILT New Line with Freddy! BUILT IT.

Is there no loyalty left?

But, meh, Thorton is a hell of an actor, I just don't want him to be Freddy Kruger.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Warner Bros. and New Line have marked an April 16, 2010 release date for A Nightmare on Elm Street. The redo is directed by music video helmer Samuel Bayer and is based on a script by Wesley Strick. ShockTillYouDrop.com yesterday revealed FX artist Andrew Clement signed up to create the new Freddy Krueger, although it's unknown at the time of this writing who is playing the killer.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53479

• 3 weeks later...

Check out this video on the link below. Wow, the script that has been written actually sounds really interesting. As long as they can find a good actor to don the make up I'm sure they can pull off making a decent remake to the classic Wes Craven film.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive...elm-street-6448

According to this, Freddy is a friendly guy who is accused of being a child molesters by the children he had fun playing innocent games with. Years go by and when the young children have reached the end of their childhood's Freddy returns in their dreams more viscious than the Freddy we all know and love(not talking much and no wise cracks to be found)and looking for revenge. The backstory is said to be told through flashbacks. Their is one suspected character for Robert Englund to play, but its a very brief role.

I'm on board with everyone when it comes to stopping the craziness of Hollywood with the remakes, but if it can work the way Cape Fear or Dawn of the Dead or even The Fly did, than let it work.

But the whole point of Freddy was that he was a sadistic child murderer who was killed by the parents of those he killed. He is taking revenge everyone in Springfield for how he died.

edit: Ok I saw it and he is a child molester. I thought you were saying he was wrongly accused by the kids.

No, it says that point is ambiguous (revenge on those who ratted him out versus those who wrongly accused) which I'm actually ok with.

But Nancy is an antisocial Goth princess (we can all relate to those...) and her boyfriend a podcaster (who can relate to...oh. uhm, nevermind)? :unsure:

Back in February the boys over at Latino Review had broke the news first that Jackie Earle Haley was in fact locked down as your new Freddy Krueger. While at the time they were wrong in the fact that it was a done deal, this afternoon Bloody-Disgusting learned exclusively that Haley is now in final talks to pull over that grimy red and green sweater, strap on the infamous razor glove and tip his fedora as the brand-spanking-new Freddy Krueger! Expect an official announcement as early as next week.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15803

No, it says that point is ambiguous (revenge on those who ratted him out versus those who wrongly accused) which I'm actually ok with.

I'm not, because it negates the entire premise of the series.

Freddy was an evil SOB when he was alive, and was killed by the town's parents in frustration when he escaped justice a technicality. If you leave his guilt ambiguous, then it's not Freddy any more. Freddy should not be a sympathetic character at all - not even a hint of sympathy.

I don't like it artistically, but there's more to it than that. No pun intended, but the studio is playing with fire here. If Freddy comes off at all sympathetic, it could turn into a huge public relations disaster. It isn't as front and center in the news as it was in the 1980's, but the thought of a crazed lunatic kidnapping and killing children still scares the daylights out of people. The story of Adam Walsh still freaks people out. That's why we have Amber Alerts and Jessica's Law. This is a huge risk, especially in a harsh recession.