Comic Book Trivia

Darque Edge

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I run over to get The Killing Joke or try to go from memory?

I am pretty sure he was trying to drive Jim GOrdon insane. Why? Just to prove he could.

Yup. He wanted to prove a point: that one bad day could turn you into someone like him.

You're thinking of Jessica Drew, the first Spider-Woman, and the supposed reason is that Marvel had other plans for her (or something), but it doesn't matter because that is just a rumor.

Here's Bendis:

You may have heard that "Alias" was originally going to star Jessica Drew, Marvel Comics' original Spider-Woman. You would have heard wrong, though.

"Nope. This is an urban myth that I believe I will never live down.

"I was at one time toying with doing Jessica drew because she has the best hair of any superhero in comics, but this book is entirely different than what that idea was to be. This character is totally different in every way but sexual gender. And there's that Jessica name that's not going to help me convince anyone."

(source)

Haha, yeah we must've been on at the same time.

Okya, let's stay with my favorite, GL, and see what we can do.

Okay, what Green Lantern Corps sector is Earth in, and who are the five GL's, in continuity, that have been recognized as protecting that sector?