Comic Book Trivia

Darque Edge

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Rick Jones' connection to the following list of characters?

Hulk

Avengers

Captain America

Captain Mar-Vell

Captain Marvel (Genis)

This may not be specific enough, so just let me know.

Hulk - He was the dumbass teenager who Banner ran onto the Gamma test field to save.

The Avengers - He was a mascot of sorts and ran a ham radio group of kids who were sort of like 'evil-doings' informers for the Avengers.

Captain America - For some reason I've never figured out, Jones was Cap's sidekick for awhile. A replacement for Bucky.

Captain Mar-Vell - This is the only one I'm shaky on. Rick Jones helped end the Kree-Skrull war, of which Mar-Vell was a major part. I don't know of any other direct connection because I wasn't a Mar-Vell fan.

Captain Marvel (Genis) - Rick Jones shared a body/place in the world or something with him. I don't know how to describe it. It was Jones communicating with Marvel, and the Nega-bands (?) being a way of switching one of them from the Negative Zone or something to the real world.

A hazy answer, but I felt so left out lately. :cry:

Hulk - He was the dumbass teenager who Banner ran onto the Gamma test field to save.

The Avengers - He was a mascot of sorts and ran a ham radio group of kids who were sort of like 'evil-doings' informers for the Avengers. He also helped form them using said radio.

Captain America - For some reason I've never figured out, Jones was Cap's sidekick for awhile. A replacement for Bucky.

Captain Mar-Vell - This is the only one I'm shaky on. Rick Jones helped end the Kree-Skrull war, of which Mar-Vell was a major part. I don't know of any other direct connection because I wasn't a Mar-Vell fan. If memory serves me, Rick had the same bond with Mar-Vell that he has with his son.

Captain Marvel (Genis) - Rick Jones shared a body/place in the world or something with him. I don't know how to describe it. It was Jones communicating with Marvel, and the Nega-bands (?) being a way of switching one of them from the Negative Zone or something to the real world.

You're up.

When John Walker (Super-Patriot, Captain America, US Agent) was asked to become Steve Rogers' replacement, he hired three wrestlers to publicly fight him (and lose). These men called themselves "the Buckies".

01. What did "Buckies" stand for?

02. Name the three men, using both their given and costumed names.

HINT: It's actually BUCkies.