Spider-Man 2 discussion -- SPOILERS!

Missy

TONS! Don't get me wrong, I love the first one, but this one starts right with the action. No origin to drag things out. (Doc Ocks, but it's not that long.) And, because we already know nearly all of the characters, there's no need to set up relationships. How the relationships ended in part 1 are exactly how they start in part 2.

Overall, it was a very smooth sequel.

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen it this afternoon (opened in the UK on wedndesday) and was majorly impressed. Everything from Parker's unending woes at the beginning to Doc Ock to Harry's growth and Dafoe's cameo was great. And yes, JJJ is still the best scene-stealing character!

My buddy and I were talking, and we just wrote Spiderman 3-5 rather masterfully.

#3-you have Hobgoblin Harry as the villain. Spiderman stops him, Harry goes to jail. Kill MJ too, as Kirsten Dunst doesn't want to do past movie #3. Hobgoblin killing her would work nicely, as Harry is bitter and pissed at Parker and Spiderman. Introduce Eddie Brock, make it clear he hates Spiderman. Have John Jameson go to the moon, and crash land on Earth (with symbiote) at the end of the movie.

#4. Have Spiderman start wearing the symbiote suit. Doc Connors decides to heal himself, and becomes the Lizard. (Mysterio and Shocker are lame). Introduce Felicia Hardy as Parker AND Spiderman's love interest, and have her unaware they are the same person. Then have Parker AND Spiderman fall in love with the Black Cat, to complicate things to a comical extent. Maybe do Morbius, too. Depends on whether or not you want to make the Lizard a cakewalk or a bad ass villain. At the end of #4, Spidey loses the symbiote.

#5. VENOM! VENOM! VENOM! YES YES YES. WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This one is pretty easy. You have Spiderman/Black Cat vs. Venom, and Venom whoops the fuck out of them both. Have both good guy superheroes (Black Cat and Spiderman) somehow reveal their secret identities to eachother, complete love story, defeat Venom, and everyone goes home happy.

Fire Sam Raimi and his cheesy movie shit, too. I hated that. "Spiderman can't shoot webs because his love life is in dissarray!" Fuck you, Sam Raimi. Other than that, Spiderman 2 was awesome, and I've been ranting about how awesome it was to anyone who will listen.

My buddy and I were talking, and we just wrote Spiderman 3-5 rather masterfully.

#3-you have Hobgoblin Harry as the villain. Spiderman stops him, Harry goes to jail. Kill MJ too, as Kirsten Dunst doesn't want to do past movie #3. Hobgoblin killing her would work nicely, as Harry is bitter and pissed at Parker and Spiderman. Introduce Eddie Brock, make it clear he hates Spiderman. Have John Jameson go to the moon, and crash land on Earth (with symbiote) at the end of the movie.

#4. Have Spiderman start wearing the symbiote suit. Doc Connors decides to heal himself, and becomes the Lizard. (Mysterio and Shocker are lame). Introduce Felicia Hardy as Parker AND Spiderman's love interest, and have her unaware they are the same person. Then have Parker AND Spiderman fall in love with the Black Cat, to complicate things to a comical extent. Maybe do Morbius, too. Depends on whether or not you want to make the Lizard a cakewalk or a bad ass villain. At the end of #4, Spidey loses the symbiote.

#5. VENOM! VENOM! VENOM! YES YES YES. WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This one is pretty easy. You have Spiderman/Black Cat vs. Venom, and Venom whoops the fuck out of them both. Have both good guy superheroes (Black Cat and Spiderman) somehow reveal their secret identities to eachother, complete love story, defeat Venom, and everyone goes home happy.

Fire Sam Raimi and his cheesy movie shit, too. I hated that. "Spiderman can't shoot webs because his love life is in dissarray!" Fuck you, Sam Raimi. Other than that, Spiderman 2 was awesome, and I've been ranting about how awesome it was to anyone who will listen.

I like this a lot.

For some reason, I doubt we'll see Venom until someone other than Sam Raimi is at the helm of these movies. Just a hunch. I want Venom in the movies, dammit. I wasn't really a fan of the idea of the webs coming from his wrists as opposed to the shooters. Never really understood why they weren't in the movie in the first place.

Maybe do Morbius, too.

Not sure if Sony Pictures can use Morbius, because he was supposed to be in the first Blade film -- so New Line Cinema might still own the rights.

Fire Sam Raimi and his cheesy movie shit, too. I hated that. "Spiderman can't shoot webs because his love life is in dissarray!"

It wasn't so much that his love life was in disarray, but that he subconsciously didn't want to be Spider-Man anymore because it was ruining his life.

I wasn't really a fan of the idea of the webs coming from his wrists as opposed to the shooters.  Never really understood why they weren't in the movie in the first place.

As for his organic webs, I too didn't like the idea at first but it actually makes more sense. Don't get me wrong, I still love the web-shooters in the comic, but, for sake of the movie, I think organic webbing works better.