Deftones - No Ordinary Love

Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween

Black Ingvars - Blue (Da Ba Dee)

Godhead - Elenor Rigby

Knorkator - All That She Wants

Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver

Seether - Careless Whisper

Atreyu - You Give Love a Bad Name

Chester Bennington's new band Out of Ashes just put out one of the worst albums I've heard all year and naturally it's getting four star reviews everywhere. Apparently sounding good doesn't matter as long as it's "original".

And of course the new Muse album is getting shit for being predictable. Muse!

I'm in the process of ripping all of my CDs back onto my hard drive, so I'll likely be posting in here a lot.

Listening to the first two Faith No More albums. I'll admit, it's not too hard to figure out why no one cared about them until Patton showed up.

Guest DCAUFan1051

A few years ago, you couldn't go anywhere without hearing "So Cold"

It's funny that you say that, because I had never even heard of that song by them. I just looked it up in iTunes and never remember hearing it played on radio in my area. however "Polyamorous" off the Saturate album and "Sooner Or Later" off the We Are Not Alone album are the 2 songs I remember from them.

Incidentally I've got "Closing Time" by Semisonic on my iPod right now, and after that it's the acoustic version of "Counting Blue Cars" by Dishwalla.

Doveman - Holding Out for a Hero A somber reinterpretation of the cheesy 80s song. He gets some of the lyrics wrong, but it's done so well, you don't really care.

Emilie Autumn - Dead is the New Alive (Manipulator Mix) I'm completely in love with this woman. And she's American!

Neko Case - The Needle Has Landed Perfect lonely driving music.

10 Years - Waking Up There's an A Perfect Circle influence so clear here that it sounds like a cover. Damn good song nonetheless.

In a bit of a Disney music mood and listening to The Little Mermaid soundtrack.

That's my next rental DVD!

Went to go see The Zombies tonight. If you haven't heard of them, yes you have. I expected a group of old guys playing their hits from the 60's (the band formed in 1959) but prior to the new lineup forming in 2000 they've all had really interesting careers, playing with The Alan Parsons Project, The Animals, Argent, The Kinks, Brian May etc. Really superb mix of 60's pop, 70's prog-rock and just plain good Rock and Roll. They finished out with Argent original song God Gave Rock and Roll To You and I was grinning from ear to ear. Plus the lead singer is 64 and his voice is still incredibly strong with a great range. Combine that with a Hammond Organ player and a lead guitar competing to see you can pull of the most outrageous solo all night and you've got a top notch show.

Highly recommend seeing these guys or checking out their material.

Five Finger Death Punch - Hard to See One of my favorite names for a band ever.

Forever the Sickest Kids - Men in Black From the fantastic Punk Goes Crunk cover album.

Squirrel Nut Zippers - Trou Macacq I don't think it's possible to listen to this band without feeling like an utter tool, but that's part of why I love them.

Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild Just about the best hair metal song ever written.

Listened to tonight:

Muse: The Resistance-not their best album, but still technically and creatively their best. It felt at times like I was listening to "Opera" era Queen. Great nuggest in there, but most of it is front-loaded.

GWAR: Lust in Space-if there's a better metal album this year, I haven't heard it.

Down: Nola and Down II-hankerin' for ol mister Anselmo. He can't be long for this world but these albums are about as good as southern metal gets.

Mary Shelley Overdrive: Weird Tales-Simon McCorkindale's acoustic demos from one of MSO's earlier recordings. It's crazy. I'd review it but I'm not sure he want me to do that just yet. It's kind of a secret album or something. Some fo it feels very taboo, almost Iggy Pop-ish at times which is always good.

Moneen - Accidents Are on Purpose: A cover of my favorite Alexisonfire song. You can actually make out the lyrics in this one!

Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning: Best Australian band featuring a seven foot tall bald lead singer of all time.

Poe - Angry Johnny: A jilted woman describes in detail the various ways she could kill her ex in the most casual tone imaginable.

Porcelain and the Tramps - My Leftovers: Probably my favorite band that no one has ever heard of.

La Roux - Self Titled

I don't normally listen to much pop, but I found their last two singles to be really catchy. It's a fun ablum.

The Protomen - self titled

Basically it's a group of dudes who make rock operas about Mega Man. It rocked far more harder than I expeced it to.

Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream

I've had this on my mp3 player for years but I never really listened to it. Now I have, and I'm finding it quite enjoyable.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I just received my monthly Homspun E-Letter from FriendsOfLive.com :cry: I'll never get to see Live in concert now

A personal message from Chad Taylor:

Dead Friend of Live,

Let me start by thanking you for your many years of devoted loyalty to our music. Bands are lucky if they have one hit and fade away but in the case of Live, you kept us relevant for more than 20 years. Today I am writing you as a fan of the band with sad news.

As many of you know, Live was having a hard time keeping things together. After many years of friendship, love and laughter it became clear that things had run their course. I was in denial. Our working relationship with Ed had grown cold and we were only on limited speaking terms for the last several months. We agreed for the sake of the bands future to take a break and announced the hiatus. During that time period we discovered a contract executed in 2005 that engaged the bands company into a legal obligation that did not have majority consent from the band. Ed’s signature was the only one required.

We were fast to try and open communication with Ed or his legal team but got no reply. Our hiatus had fast turned into a break up. Chad, Patrick and I have no plans to replace Ed at this point in time, however, he will no longer be a member of our band. We are excited by the opportunities ahead of us and will look to enjoin forces with vocalists and instrumentalists that will hold high the ideals set forth by the band and its fans. Yes, there may be future Live recording and tours but we are all very realistic that it will never be the same without Ed. That doesn’t mean that it can’t be great.

Like you, we are greatly saddened by the discoveries we made but as many of you know, life has a way of sorting things out. Ed will always be tied to Live and we will never make attempts to shadow his considerable lyrical and melodic contributions to our music.

Stay tuned to FOL for more details on our future plans. I would also ask that we all take the time to remember the positive energy Ed, Chad, Patrick and I spent so many years pushing forward. I’m trying hard myself to not be judgmental and let life flow freely around me.

Love,

Chad Taylor

On behalf of Chad Gracey and Patrick Dahlheimer

this is probably on their website Friends Of Live but as I stated I got it in a email.

This is just crazy... But I still have all the other albums they ever did. It would have been awesome to see them in concert though.

• 2 weeks later...

The Toxic Avenger musical soundtrack. While my favorite songs of the show were "The Legend of the Toxic Avenger" and "Bitch/Slut/Liar/Whore," the most emotionally powerful song is "You Tore My Heart Out." Damn, I choked up while listening to it.

Also listening to some Hellsongs' Hymn in the Key of 666 (thank you Dread Media!) and, as usual, a smattering of film soundtracks.