Sign in to follow this  
D.W.

The Music Thread

The latest Gorillaz album HUMANZ has been out for a couple months now. Most of it took some time getting into, but once it did I think it's another great album from an amazing band.

Reason why I still listen to randomness from the library or in the 4/$1 bin at the Goodwill.  Yeah, mostly mediocre, sometimes bad, but then you find gems like the Carolina Chocolate Drops.  So worth it.

I love Air.  I really do.  Moon Safari is most likely my favorite album.  Not just by Air, I mean favorite album full stop. I come to realize that in the past year.  And yet, I find a concert on YouTube and it really weird to see them play.  Kinda like peaking behind the curtain and seeing the true Oz.  So weird.

I've currently been obsessed with Zeal & Ardor lately. Great mix of musical genres, honestly, and I never thought I'd say that about something that involved black metal. 

18 hours ago, teenalphabro said:

I've currently been obsessed with Zeal & Ardor lately. Great mix of musical genres, honestly, and I never thought I'd say that about something that involved black metal. 

Zeal & Ardor is pretty cool. Genre-mixing is the new thing with Black Metal now which is good because most of the time. BM by itself is terrible. Blackgaze is a thing with Alcest, GhostBath , Deafheaven, and my favourite Vattnet Viskar (just Vattnet now).

My favourite though is the mix of folk music and black metal which you get with Cobalt, Agalloch, Fall of Rauros and Panopticon (my favourite.) Their album "Kentucky" is being called blackguard because it mixes bluegrass and black metal. Pretty impressive.

Edit: Jesus...how did I get all those band names through the autocorrect of Safari and not the two bolded words?