The Music Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard the greatest cover of "Nothing Else Matters" in existence. It's Gregorian or something, and I just know I'm going to be searching for it the rest of the night.

Hm. Try YouTube, perhaps?

Also, if you've ever listened to Apocalyptica, that might be worth a try (four cellos who started out covering Metallica and branched out into their own cello rockish sort of thing).

Listening to the Dr. Horrible OST. On "Bad Horse 1" at the moment.

Metallica - All Nightmare Long (James, if you don't make a MV to this, I swear one day, I will)

Rev Theory - Light It Up

Apocalyptic feat Adam Gontier - I Don't Care

Gregorian - The Unforgiven

Metallica - All Nightmare Long (James, if you don't make a MV to this, I swear one day, I will)

Rev Theory - Light It Up

Apocalyptic feat Adam Gontier - I Don't Care

Gregorian - The Unforgiven

I have two ideas for MV's from Death Magnetic--"Suicide & Redemption" and "Broken, Beat and Scarred". "All Nightmare Long" is all yours.

I've come to think that Death Magnetic might be my favorite album of the last five years.

I didn't hate St. Anger, but where it failed for me (beyond Lars' retardedly sharp snare drum) was the lyrics. Hetfield is one of this generation's best lyricists and bringing the rest of the badn into the fold on lyrics was a bad move.

Death Magnetic brought back his kickass lyrics with the songwriting of Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All using the guitars of Mercyful Fate (seriously sounds like MF record which is a band Metallica has always tried to be).

But I think what I appreciate most is the chances taken vocally. I think previously Hetfield was more likely to stay within comfort zones but after the shit they got for St. Anger he knew they would please fans with this record so he felt confident enough to add some high vocals. My favorite singers (Corey Taylor, Tom Waits, Frank Black, Maynard James Keenan, Johnny Cash, Neil Fallon, Ryan Adams, etc) seem to sing at the edge of their capability like at any moment their voice will collapse. Hetfield did that here and that is the real triumph for me.

You might not hear a lot from me the next few days, I found the motherload: a performance of Mike Patton's Mondo Cane. See ya.

My favorite singers (Corey Taylor, Tom Waits, Frank Black, Maynard James Keenan, Johnny Cash, Neil Fallon, Ryan Adams, etc) seem to sing at the edge of their capability like at any moment their voice will collapse. Hetfield did that here and that is the real triumph for me.

You know Lloyd, just when I think you couldn't get any dumber, you do something like this...

... and totally redeem yourself!

Guest DCAUFan1051

OMG :holyshit:

I recently have been in a very nostalgic music mood and one of my favorite bands when I was a kid was Hall & Oates. I recently found Daryl Hall's webcast website Live From Daryl's House

and he did a collaboration with the 2 guitarists of Finger Eleven and wow!!!! it was awesome it's so cool seeing 2 musical styles come together like that when normally they wouldn't. I especially liked Daryl singing on Paralyzer Scott the lead singer of Finger Eleven could not be there because he had a herniated disc in his neck. Of course this was recorded in Sept 2008 so it's a little dated but I just found it tonight and it's awesome. I even ripped the audio for Paralyzer that they did. Wicked Cool!!! :D