The Music Thread

The Coral's new album came out yesterday, which will make it the first album released this year that I've had any reason to buy. Hopefully Reading festival will open my eyes/ears to some good new bands though - I barely listen to the radio anymore.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to the BBC Radio production of Denny O'Neill's Knightfall book.

Not great. The voice acting is pretty horrific all across the board with exception to Alfred (imagine that) and Batman. Batman's actor is doing the tour of Batmans from Keaton to Clooney to Conroy.

Bane sounds like a mixture between Speedy Gonzalez and Peter Lorre.

It's fucking bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the first part of the Big Finish Doctor Who audio story Blood of the Daleks. Paul McGann and Sheridan Smith really caught my ear with what I heard of The Cannibalists, so naturally I had to get my hands on more. It is very very good, those two have so much chemistry together.

Homesick - A Day to Remember

I'm practicing "The Downfall of Us All" every time I play Rock Band because my friends and I are going to play that for the RB competition at AWA next month. We need to pick a second song, though. I'm thinking "Savior" by Rise Against.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Let's see... yesterday I listened to Blood of the Daleks pt.2, Horror of Glam Rock, Immortal Beloved, Phobos, and No More Lies. Today I just finished Human Resources pt.1 and Human Resources pt.2.

Eight and Lucie have to be my favorite companion/Doctor combo of them all.

:D

What happened to Bad Religion after Generator? I can think of 10 songs from Generator and previous albums that top anything they've done since but none of those early records can be listened to from start to finish and all nine records since can be. They are amazing in their old age.

Also, Recipe For Hate is the greatest punk record of all time.

• 2 weeks later...