The Music Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shameless promotion of a friend's new band, Sparklefuck.

Their Facebook page, with their first single on it, "Murdercastle"

(Dubs, this band has the hot chick with blue hair in it, though it is now jungle green. There are photos.)

So hey, remember these kids? They've got an EP out now. There is a song on it called "Master Song". It's about Doctor Who. Go listen and give them your moneys. :P

So, after the rave/dance at Ai-Kon I have taken up a bit of an interest in mixing some tracks and trying to see if I can put together a set of some kind. I've looked around on google, but have not found much in terms of help. I have downloaded a program called Zulu and have been playing around with it, but does anyone else know of a place online that's a good resource for a guy that is just starting out and has no real clue what he's doing?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5AGoXWgx70

Wow.

Legend has it there was nothing under the dress at the time. Kudos to Johnny for not looking TOO much.

Edit: to be quite honest, I'm not sure where the "no underwear" rumor comes from, but she sure does give a blatant "can they see my coochie peek" at the beginning of the clip. Corroborated.

I did that a few years ago - listen to Buckethead and only Buckethead from beginning of the day for most of the day until the discography was done - and I can guarantee you that you're going to need about 10 days to recover.

My experiences are somewhere on these forums. This thread maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

A little background. Since I first heard about it, I have had a massive fascination with the musical adaptation of Stephen King's Carrie. It was remarked to be the biggest flop in Broadway history. From the videos I've seen, it's kinda no wonder. The choreography, costumes, some of the acting... yeah. The music however was always never too bad. Earlier this year there was a revival with a cast album coming out recently. I gotta say, the writers went back and changed the libretto and it actually works a lot better now.

The opening number of the musical, In, in both the original:

And the Revival:

I kinda wish I could have seen this. Ehh, this is the price you pay for now having rent in the quadruple digits.

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to the new Soundgarden album, King Animal. "Been Away Too Long" is really good, and has an unexpected kind of speed and rhythm to it that I didn't really expect from the group after going sixteen years without recording an album. "Taree" is probably my favorite track so far, in part because it reminds me a lot of "Fell on Black Days" and "Flower".