The Music Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have the complete Buckethead collection. I have two thoughts.

1) He has made a metric shit-ton of music.

2) I think my brain will melt during this.

Bring it on.

That was me in September. I'll admit I didn't start this musical journey for whatever reasons. That ended two hours ago. Mind you, I haven't even started Buckethead proper yet. My bright idea was to start with the side projects and finish with the good stuff.

I have encountered only what I can describe as 'mindfuck jazz'. I just don't have words. 1 down, 71 more albums to go.

Frankenstein Brothers: Bolt On Neck - Just some nice guitar rock. Much needed after that last album.

Shine: Heaven and Hell - Um, I don't know what to call this. House? Trance? Electronica? Either way, this not only helped my headache, but is pretty good as well. Movement 6 reminds me of the Crow for some odd reason.

3/69

Buckethead: From the Coop - Early demos. At times, you can hear things that will become staples. Other times it is just random noises making unlistenable music. I now know why iTunes used 'unclassifiable' for the genre. I don't think I shall ever listen to this again; it is just too unrefined to be any good.

4/68

• 3 weeks later...

Gah! First Jeff Hanneman gets a spider bite that gives him necrotizing fascitiit flesh eating disease, and now Dave Lombardo has been fired for wondering why he hasn't been paid in months.

The two least important members to Slayer's sound are the only members playing the Australian tour, and they are officially dead to me now. Sad...

• 2 weeks later...