The Music Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raconteurs- Consolers of the Lonely

Awesome album. I haven't had a hard on for an entire album this much for probably over 10 years.

Its hella fun. A lot more convential that Black's usual stuff in some places but I think it just adds a lot more to what they can create in terms of variety.

The Coral's Singles Collection. Along with its second disc of demos & rarities, this album makes me so very, very happy!

I got their mini-album Nightfreak and the sons of Becker a while back, and found it oddly compelling. Not a masterpiece but I could not stop listening to it. I liked thier self-titled album too, I don't know why I haven't got more of thier stuff.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Dude, you shouldn't have written evidence that you listen to Nickelback or Lifehouse...... :)

and what's wrong with those bands?? I like what I like-

hey I am a New Kids Fan so I'd assume that's way worse then nickelback or lifehouse.

The Coral's Singles Collection. Along with its second disc of demos & rarities, this album makes me so very, very happy!

I got their mini-album Nightfreak and the sons of Becker a while back, and found it oddly compelling. Not a masterpiece but I could not stop listening to it. I liked thier self-titled album too, I don't know why I haven't got more of thier stuff.

In that none of their standalone LPs are start-to-finish classics (and you'll be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of the band than I am), The Singles Collection negates your need to get the other albums if you have the debut and Nightfreak. Not to say any album's bad, and I recommend you try last year's Roots & Echoes, but I'd get the compilation first before you think of getting any other albums.

DCAUfan - Nickelback love is not encouraged around here, if only because Des will punch you in the back of the head!! :D

Dude, you shouldn't have written evidence that you listen to Nickelback or Lifehouse...... :)

and what's wrong with those bands?? I like what I like-

hey I am a New Kids Fan so I'd assume that's way worse then nickelback or lifehouse.

Nah New Kids are good, it's retro pop! I just don't like the 'cock rock' as my friends call it, movement. Or 'sellout rock' as it's also known.

That all being said, I listen to Avril, Kelly Clarkson and Pink, so I probably should be quiet :)

Guest DCAUFan1051

lol max we all have our favorites I don't think Lifehouse are sellouts Nickelback that's up in the air hell they've only recently started recording a NEW album which will be released in November I've been waiting 2 years for NEW stuff from them.

Right now listening to:

Theory Of A Deadman- Sacrifice this song was used in the Olympics commericals wayyyy cool love this band

Theory-ScarsSouvenirs.jpg

DCAUfan - Nickelback love is not encouraged around here, if only because Des will punch you in the back of the head!! :D

To be fair, I only punch members of Nickelback in the back of the head. If I punched every fan of Nickelback in the back of the head, a shattered claw of an extremity is how they'd remind me of what I really am...

Guest DCAUFan1051

To be fair, I only punch members of Nickelback in the back of the head. If I punched every fan of Nickelback in the back of the head, a shattered claw of an extremity is how they'd remind me of what I really am...

like I said before everyone has their own tastes

and it was the Creed/Nickelback War that I was listening to both after Creed disappeared I liked Nickelback Better and they are a long standing Rock Band but right now my #1 band is Theory Of A Deadman

Let me reiterate: I have nothing against fans of Nickelback. I wouldn't even think twice about them if one of them didn't give me a reason to punch him 7 years ago.

Theory of a Deadman, while not my bag at all, are much better musically anyway. They all just happen to suffer from Creediotic Three Doors Down Syndrome

Guest DCAUFan1051

It has been said that Theory Of A Deadman are a Nickelback ripoff whilst I admit that they sound similiar TOAD has a completely different sound and songs then Nickelback.

Nickelback when they hit the scene with the smash album Silver Side Up "How You Remind Me, and Too Bad" got Overplayed on the radio soooo much

While Theory Of A Deadman barely got any radio play back then. Their hit "Invisible Man" which was on the Spidey soundtrack and headlined their self titled debut album got played maybe once every 8 hours.

FACT: Tyler Conolly slipped a demo disc to Chad Kroeger at a bar show NB was doing. And now Kroeger's label 604 Records through Road Runner Produces Theory.

FACT: Tyler Conolly is a background guitarist on the Chad Kroeger Josey Scott Video Hero from Spider-Man .

OPINION: Theory sounds nothing like 3 Doors Down. 3DD is more mello sounding Rock I never could see a similarity between the 2.

FACT: Theory actually cares about their fans. I saw them with 12 Stones and 3DD back in 2003 at an outdoor concert 12 Stones and Theory were at a FYE table selling their debut CD's and signing autographs and everything.

3DD got on stage sang and left. When I was living in Mississippi I met Brad Arnold at a Rock Radio Station event and he's nothing but a Dick to the fans. Yes they do tons of charity work but 3DD pushes their fans away. I do like several songs of their latest album but I think that they've redefined the term sellout more then any current famous Rock Band of today.

My point is as I've said we all have different tastes and opinions hell I'm listening to Night Ranger's Sister Christain right now it's just what's on my library playlist and it's on shuffle sooooo..... there could be worse things to listen to. :D