Why The Batman is an idiot.

Luke

Apologies if this isn't worth a whole topic, but I had to post this. Small spoilers for The Batman vs Dracula, if you haven't seen it...

So I'm watching The Batman vs. Dracula feature animation on dailymotion, and early on Batman runs into Drac and quickly accepts that vampires may exist. Shortly after, Bruce Wayne hosts a big party, and there he meets a strange-looking chap who says his name is Alucard and he's from Eastern Europe. And Batman doesn't work it out.

Isn't he supposed to be the world's greatest detective? They must have changed it to world's biggest moron without telling me.

*edit* it does unintentionally redeem itself somewhat with the line "Try as you may, you cannot out-bat me."

Okay, finished it. It was fun to watch for the first 20 minutes, but after that it became clear that the humour was 90% unintentional. The plot was utterly basic, and the characters were dull (with Alfred coming across like a complete dick), with the voice actors (barring Tom Penny as Penguin) sounding as bored as I became.

About as dramatic and atmospheric as Scooby Doo.

When was the last time you watched The Batman? I'm not saying it's great, but it's decent for an action cartoon.

I watch it every week but it's still just a "meh" show. There are a few episodes here and there that stand out as really great but for the most part it's just very generic. Batman Vs. Dracula was actually pretty cool and i think it's the best thing that The Batman team has produced (right next to the Paul Dini penned Harley Quinn episode).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I got a DVD of two episodes of The Batman a little while ago for a buck. Never watched it but hey if I DO hate it there's still the case. :laugh: I have only seen one full episode, 'Two of a Kind', it was Harley's first show. I don't care if Dini wrote it, what they did to my poor Harl is inconceivable and idiotic.

I got a DVD of two episodes of The Batman a little while ago for a buck. Never watched it but hey if I DO hate it there's still the case. :laugh: I have only seen one full episode, 'Two of a Kind', it was Harley's first show. I don't care if Dini wrote it, what they did to my poor Harl is inconceivable and idiotic.

When I first saw the show I really hated it, everything was just a pale comparison to BTAS. However I went back to the show and started to enjoy it on it's on merits, it's still got some low points, but it's actually an ok show.

I liked the Harley episode, it was a good way of introducing a different version of the character, and they didn't bugger it up royally like they did Mr. Freeze.

Though it has to be said season 4 was the high point of the show with the best episodes, but season 5 was a really bad mixed bag with a good first half and an awful second half with an awful last episode.

Back on topic Batman VS Dracula was ok, but nothing special if you don't see it you don't miss anything important. Isn't Vicki Vale in it as well.

• 8 months later...

This movie is ok. Its nice to see Dracula in a batman cartoon, since he is important in the batman comics. I do not get where this fits into continuity of The Batman TV series, but like i said, this is ok. Though many of you dislike this show on the Earth-2.net forums, it ran for 5 seasons, that must mean its pretty good.

What i like about the movie?

1. No Batgirl or Robin (they were not good in this show).

2. Not too many stupid catch phrases.

3. Its a little bit more darker than the rest of the series. there is also some bloody parts and some non kiddish things.

4. A cool vampire Joker.

Season four as a whole elevated the show several steps.

Season four of the Batman was awesome.

Yep. They really focused on some extremely fun action sequences, which was great.

My favorite episode had to be the one where all of Gotham is in fiery ruins and all the citizens (including Robin and Batgirl) have been turned into zombies.

Guest DCAUFan1051

personally I liked season 5 with all the team ups that was cool. The others I'm burnt out on seeing them on Boomerang... especially seasons 1-2 ugh. I like how the cape looks in this series.

Though many of you dislike this show on the Earth-2.net forums, it ran for 5 seasons, that must mean its pretty good.

Specious reasoning, my friend. Captain Planet & the Planeteers lasted 6 seasons, and is arguably the worst cartoon ever created.

Though many of you dislike this show on the Earth-2.net forums, it ran for 5 seasons, that must mean its pretty good.

Specious reasoning, my friend. Captain Planet & the Planeteers lasted 6 seasons, and is arguably the worst cartoon ever created.

For most shows this is how it works

1 or 2 seasons made, but done (sucks)

3 or 4 seasons made, but done (okay)

5 seasons or more made, but done (really good)

10 or more seasons made, but done (really good and famous)

Some TV shows may differ. Some shows may have enough money to make more seasons even if they suck. Some networks barely have enough good shows, so they have to show one that sucks a lot more.