Detective Conan/Case Closed

James D.

I'm in love with this episode. Great stuff with a real twist for an ending. And, James, you're right when you say it felt like an ending of sorts.

Question: Didn't the check Jimmy's mother handed the detective say 10,000 Yen? I only ask because that's around $90, but he screamed, "$10,000!!!!" as if it was a big deal.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in love with this episode. Great stuff with a real twist for an ending. And, James, you're right when you say it felt like an ending of sorts.

Question: Didn't the check Jimmy's mother handed the detective say 10,000 Yen? I only ask because that's around $90, but he screamed, "$10,000!!!!" as if it was a big deal.

Yes, it was yen on the check, but they translated it to English and so came the word "dollars" with it.

I loved last night's episode. I only wish I had caught the beginning of it. I only saw from the part where Conan was in the car with his mom on.

You didn't miss much. Kudo was obviously suspicious because "Conan" can't have a mother since he is not real. But he figured that this person would want to hurt Rachel and Detective Moore if he didn't cooperate. So he went with her in the car and that is where you picked up from.

I loved last night's episode.  I only wish I had caught the beginning of it.  I only saw from the part where Conan was in the car with his mom on.

You didn't miss much. Kudo was obviously suspicious because "Conan" can't have a mother since he is not real. But he figured that this person would want to hurt Rachel and Detective Moore if he didn't cooperate. So he went with her in the car and that is where you picked up from.

Thanks. I'm gonna start watching this, or invest in Tivo. Probably the Tivo, because between school, work, and acting, I can't stay up until 1:30 every night.

HOLY CHRIST.

I read in Newtype Magazine today that Detective Conan is STILL running with new episodes in Japan and that they are well over 400 EPISODES now. :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

Also, Cartoon Network only got 52 English dubbed episodes and they have shown all of them, so they are starting over sometime this week. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Holy bejeezus. I just found out there are like 200 episodes of this show. :OMG:

The downside is that I have to wait that much longer to find out if Jimmy Kudo regains his adult form. :angry:

I just read that there's actually 350-plus episodes and six movies!

Holy bejeezus.  I just found out there are like 200 episodes of this show. :OMG:

The downside is that I have to wait that much longer to find out if Jimmy Kudo regains his adult form. :angry:

Yeah, I knew about the six movies--I've done some eBay searching lately. :)

Holy bejeezus.  I just found out there are like 200 episodes of this show. :OMG:

Yeah, I knew about the six movies--I've done some eBay searching lately. :)

Have you found them, and, if so, are they dubbed (or at least subtitled)?

I read in Newtype Magazine today that Detective Conan is STILL running with new episodes in Japan and that they are well over 400 EPISODES now. :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

400 episodes :OMG:

Man, how long has this show been on in Japan, because that is a shitload of episodes. However, that's just more great shows to watch. Hopefully Adult Swim buys the rights to more episodes, as much as I love watching the reruns, especially one's that I have missed, I want new ones.

• 2 months later...

I just bought the 3rd "Case Closed" ( <_< ) DVD and it was AWESOME. I believe all 3 episodes on it were not shown on Adult Swim. Each one of them is very, very good. The third one is about a guy who is murdered when an I-beam falls on top of him in an alley. The second one is about a doctor who is murdered, but Conan must figure out how the murderer got to the second train when he was supposedly on the train he, Rachel and Richard were on. And the first episode's story shows one of the mysterious "men in black" (codename: Tequila) being exploded by a bomb meant for someone else. Conan, naturally, is pissed off, because he was very close to finding Gin and Vodka (the men who poisoned him). All and all, a very good DVD.

There is also another Case Closed DVD coming out Tuesday with the next set of episodes (which I must assume were also never shown on Adult Swim). The best part about the next DVD? Someone finds out who Conan really is. I don't know who, but that's the rumor.

The "Crack the Case" feature is quite good, too. You can solve the mystery yourself once Conan figures out who it is. They'll ask you a series of questions and if you get all of them right, you get unlocked bonus features after the episode ends that you wouldn't be able to see otherwise. The only problem is, I can't figure out the number code to unlock them. :grumble:

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...