Thank You Earth-2

I just wanted to thank the gang here at Earth-2.net for single handedly bringing me back to the world of comics.

I was a big fan of comics in the 90s (wasn't everybody) but my passion for them died out as I went through high school. For the longest time I have wanted to get back in to collecting, but doing so proved to be a very intimidating venture. The local comic shop guys aren't very friendly and asking them for advice is like asking them to cut off their big toe, and none of my friends are into comics so I really didn't have anyone to give me direction for a good starting point to get back into the hobby.

Enter Earth-2.net the show.

The "Is it Wednesday Yet" and "Previews" episodes have pointed me to some great books and have helped to reintroduce me to the industry as a whole. The information is presented in a very approachable (read non-fanboy) way, and the buy/flip/skip rating system is perfect in it's simplicity. It's really exciting to be back around these stories, and I feel like a kid again! It may seem like a strange thing to thank someone for, but thank you.

The non comic episodes are great as well, and I never miss an episode of Dread Media.

What a complete fan I am. :laugh:

/sappy love fest

Thank you for the kind words, SinisterRabbit!

It's always warms my heart when I hear that Earth-2.net has brought someone into or back into comic books. I strive to keep the reviews as fanboy-free as possible, because I don't want to push away someone who might be coming to comics for the first time.

Welcome to the forums!

EDIT: How is it that Des and I typed nearly the same damn thing? :unsure:

Edited by Yoda

May is a great flick, and my DVD autographed by Angela Bettis is one of my most prized possessions.

This is the sound of Des going from thinking you're cool to hating you...

I want to have Angela Bettis' babies...only slightly less than I want to do so for Anna Faris. That is all.

This is the sound of Des going from thinking you're cool to hating you...

Don't hate! :laugh:

I picked up her signature at the local "haunted hayride" attraction a few years ago. For such a small time show they are able to get some pretty cool special guests. Over the years I've picked up photos and sigs and from Kane Hodder, Doug Bradley, and even Gunnar Hansen...but I think I pissed him off because I pointed out to my brother that he was the guy from Mosquito...though it wasn't meant as an insult because my brother was a "fan" of that masterpiece.

Ms. Bettis, though, was my favorite pick up, I just wish I had my camera that night.