Wolverine: metal or bone?

Missy

Which one do you prefer?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe it's because I started reading Wolverine and the X-books right around the time he had the Adamantium pulled from his skeleton, but I've always been partial to the bone-clawed Wolverine. Though he was still a mutant, it made him more human -- vulnerable. The claws could break, he could be hurt more easily, and it made him that much more of a tough guy when he worked through the pain and won.

What are your thoughts?

I love the metal, just because with those claws, he always seemed to have an element of serious gravity to every threat he made. In addition to his tendency to go homicidal at times, that made him a fierce opponent indeed. Without the claws, the ferocity was still there, but he lost a touch of the threat that I hold dear.

• 3 weeks later...

Metal Wolvie.

Seeing him get shot in the head and watching the bullet ricochet off his skull was one of the coolest things I've seen in the original series of Wolverine comic books. I've always loved adamantium Wolverine and my mind will never change on that.

I'm not surprised I'm the only bone lover.

For most people, the metal is such a part of Wolverine that it would be like taking the power of flight away from Superman. But, for me, it made him more human -- real in a sense.

Metal. The unbreakable bones and the claws that can cut through anything are too much a part of the Wolverine character to take away. I don't think it should cake him invulnerable. He can still be put in danger wioth a good writer. Having his flesh incinerated in "Days of Future Past" showed that you don't need to break his bokes to kill him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wolverine with the adamantium is simply the classic Wolverine. However, this issue of Wolverine: wolvie75.jpg

where we first discover his claws are bone, is my single favorite comic issue ever. Good first post, I say.

P.S.: Where on this board is the Custom Member Title feature like on the Oratory boards?

P.S.: Where on this board is the Custom Member Title feature like on the Oratory boards?

You should be able to add a custom title after your first post. Check under "my controls" and then click "edit profile info" (on the left). Send me a PM if the option isn't there.

On topic: Though I knew who Wolverine was from other comics and the X-Men cartoon, Wolverine 75 was the first issue of his solo series that I purchased. And it remains one of my favorite comics of all time. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I prefer the bone claws over metal.

Wolverine with the adamantium is simply the classic Wolverine. However, this issue of Wolverine: wolvie75.jpg

where we first discover his claws are bone, is my single favorite comic issue ever. Good first post, I say.

That issue of Wolverine is the heart and soul of my comic book collection.

That issue of Wolverine is the heart and soul of my comic book collection.

I hear that. Great Goddamn book. My favorite part has to be not when he pops the claws (though that is killer), but when he tells Jubilee that it hurts like a bitch every time he does it. That's one of those rare moments where we get to see inside of our heroes and realize that they are in fact human.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Maybe it's because I started reading Wolverine and the X-books right around the time he had the Adamantium pulled from his skeleton, but I've always been partial to the bone-clawed Wolverine. Though he was still a mutant, it made him more human -- vulnerable. The claws could break, he could be hurt more easily, and it made him that much more of a tough guy when he worked through the pain and won.

What are your thoughts?

I can't really think of wolverine without the adamantium...that's what drew me to him, that and the ealing factor...but you do have a point. Without the metal he is so much more vulnerable...i always thought "why dont the enemies just cut off his head, then realizing it cant be cause the knife, sword, etc. would hit metal and stop. But without that protection, the blade would go through and kill him...

but that just creates another question...having his head cut off? would that kill him

yes or no

yes for the obvious reason HE HAD NO HEAD

but maybe no...would tendens and arteries spray from the body to join with the head to heal him? or having his head placed back onto his body by and ally...would it start to reattach?