Beating Super Ghouls and Ghosts?

Mr. Keith

Alright, I defeated the sixth stage in SG&G but then I encounter the girl that the main character is trying to save in spirit. She makes this comment that I have to find some item in order to defeat the boss of the game and sends me all the way back to the very beginning of the freaking game!?!?!

I went looking for strategies on IGN and gamefaqs without any success, so I'm hoping that someone here has actually beaten this game and knows exactly where I need to find this item so I don't have to go through all of this all over again.

I found a walkthrough for you:

STAGE 7: HALLWAY OF GHOULS

As usual, DJ near the beginning for a Chest. Then leap around on the floor for another. Go up killing Cockatrice Heads and Gut Fairies, and a Chest will appear on the top ledge. Kill the Red Gargoyle and then DJ off of the ledge above that ledge for another Chest. Then go back up on that ledge and DJ around for yet another Chest.

Go up and kill the Cockatrice Heads. then go left to the Ghost/Mimic area. A leap from one of the ledges onto the floor will result in one final Chest.  Now go up and right to meet Asutaroto again.

BOSS: ASUTAROTO AND NEBIROTH

Use the same tactics as before to finish Asutaroto off for good. After his fiery demise, Nebiroth appears.

Nebiroth is like a buffed up Asutaroto, and his attacks reflect that. His lasers are three huge wedges that fly across the screen. When you hear a beep, RUN!

His fire breath now can spread out across the floor, so put some distance between the two of you.

After you defeat him, Princess Gwenivere-or Princess Prin Prin according to the credits-appears with a very unhappy message….

WHAT?!?!?!

Yep, that’s right! You have to play through this game TWICE to beat it!

This time, the fifth treasure chest you open will contain a Ring. Use it or don’t, just make sure you have it at the end of Stage 7. (fortunately if you defeat Nebiroth without it, you just redo the stage instead of going back to the start)

Oh, and did I mention this time around the difficulty is raised?  Mwahahahaha……

OK, got the Ring? You kicked Nebiroths’ scaly butt with it? Good! Let’s take out Sardius! CHARGE! YYYYAAAAHHHHH!!!!

(source)

Click "FAQ/Walkthrough by SStrife_" to access the complete walkthrough.

• 9 months later...
She makes this comment that I have to find some item in order to defeat the boss of the game and sends me all the way back to the very beginning of the freaking game!?!?!

I bet there was a whole lotta cussin' goin' on.