Episode 198

RSS

• 4 months later...

Despite the age of the episode as the resident Disney freak/young stockholder (I mean just look at my forum name) I feel I should add my points, thoughts, and corrections on the Disney bits of Episode #198.

-You should see the lines in the summer… UGH.

-Pirates changed for summer of 06. Most seem to like or at least not mind the change as other than a bit of score and Davey Jones, Jack and Hector Barbossa were just kind of dropped in.

-Haunted Mansions refurbishment was open for fall of last year. I have not seen it but it is getting rave reviews from all who come. If I recall from before it happened the attraction really needed to be up dated to sync up the sound and lots of others things too. They did an update the year before in Disneyland as well which has apparently a few less things because of tech advances in a single year.

-I'm still mad about the Pooh ride taking Mr. Toad's place in the kingdom. <_<

-Though still cool, Future World trumps World Showcase.

-The Living Seas is no longer as such it is simply The Seas with Nemo & Friends which is good because now they don't have that awful video they used to play upon entry.

-Martin Short IS from Canada and THAT video is new. The old one was serious, old and very boring.

-El Rio Del Tempo was what the ride in Mexico was called and now Grand Fiesta Tour with the Three Caballeros has been getting mixed reviews. I liked both versions but it may be because I'm much more familiar with Panchito & José Carioca than you seem to be because of there appearances on TV and couple of really trippy movies.

-Circle of Life opened in '95. Yes. It is preachy and depressing in the meddle but I some how enjoyed it for if only for seeing Timon and Pumbaa on the big screen again. :P

-Animal Kingdom was marked until 2006 as nahtazu (not a zoo) as the shading, treatment, green-ness, amount of displays, and all around everything were better than that of a zoo plus they had rides and 3-D films.

-Expedition Everest opened in April of '06 so although it is marketed as new still many other things you did or did not do were more 'brand new'

-Have you ever done Mission: SPACE since it opened? It now has a tame non-spinning version as well as the one that fucks people up identifying the two different experiences by Green Less Intense training and non spinning or Orange as the original version.

-Finding Nemo: The Musical was written by some of the people who did Broadway’s own dirty puppet show, Avenue Q. The soundtrack for Nemo is actually available on iTunes.

-MGM had sued and had been counter-sued a couple of times from 89-93 (not sure of the particulars but you can look into that if you care), the contract was up and even before it was Disney was contractually prohibited from using the Disney-MGM Studios name in certain marketing in which they called it The Disney Studios, and from Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton's mouth 'the new name reflects how the park has grown...’ that’s why the name change.

-The Studios are almost universally known as the park that needs the most work done.

-Star Tours is rumored to have a super awesome 3D refurb some time in the future which Lucasfilm people occasionally slipping up about it and Anthony Daniels saying he did the voice over for it.

I’m currently in the now out of date previews but I look forward to Ian’s segment later on. Great show so far. :happy:

Guest DCAUFan1051

Michael David Sims Starring in:

MAN OF THE YEAR 2: THE ONLY HONEST CANDIDATE

with special guest appearance by: ROBIN WILLIAMS

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this was in reply to mikes small rant on why he would never be a polotical candidate in E-2: TS episode 198

:devil: :devil: :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

at the end of the episode mike says goodnite everyone my voice is cracking. Well hell man over an hour of disney talk plus the previews would kill anyones voice. That was easily the funniest episode ever since the shows inception. At least the episodes I've listened to. :rolleyes::yes::yes::D