Spider-Man 3 thread

Missy

Word floating around is that Eliza Dushku (Tru Calling), who initially read for Mary Jane, will audition for the role of the Black Cat for Spider-Man 3. However, I would take this with a grain of salt, considering Sam Raimi and his brother are currently plotting out/writing the story. Raimi has made it known that he wants the Cat in the third film (and that she was supposed to be in the second), but I highly doubt they're looking to fill the role this early.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
If the special effects designer is to be believed, Man-Wolf and Venom will be the villains.

So, uhh...where does that leave Harry?

If they're gonna do that, I'd kinda like them to do Man-Wolf (he'd have a reason to be pissed at Parker), along with the symbiote suit and Eddie Brock as a side thing with Eddie feeling he failed by not capturing the Man-Wolf or getting fired for accusing John Jameson of being the lycanthropic baddie (Brock was working at the Bugle in the first movie). Finish the Osbourne thing, then have Venom's creation end the movie. But that really seems way too convoluted.

Yeah. I'd write it with a twist, where the second Green Goblin (or the Hobgoblin) turned out to be John and not Harry. The Man-Wolf and Venom, while staples of the Spider-Man comic book universe, are too out there for the movies. Stick with Harry and the Goblins, then maybe bring these guys in.

I thought that lanky girl who Peter Parker shared some pie with was going to turn out to be the Black Cat. There’s certainly a couple of lines in the dialogue about either her or her father having the eyes and ears of a feline, which would support that. Also, the scene where they’re together in Peter’s apartment has virtually no bearing on the narrative, so it would make sense if it was given meaning in retrospect.

Initial rumors stated that Chloë Sevigny had been cast as a "blond, buxom" villain, leaving many to believe she had spoiled an appearance by the Black Cat. However, a new article has her quoted as saying she simply wants to play the part of the "blond, buxom" villain, revealing that she had not been cast. Hopefully her big mouth (pun intended) hasn't spoiled anything.

Initial rumors stated that Chloë Sevigny had been cast as a "blond, buxom" villain, leaving many to believe she had spoiled an appearance by the Black Cat. However, a new article has her quoted as saying she simply wants to play the part of the "blond, buxom" villain, revealing that she had not been cast. Hopefully her big mouth (pun intended) hasn't spoiled anything.

She could always be Gwen Stacy in a laboratory accident that turns her into a giant robotic/and or mutagenic horse.

• 1 month later...
Wasn't there like a mud monster in Batman also?

Clayface? Yes, although from memory, there's a subtle difference between him and Sandman.

That said, is Sandman pushing the willing suspension of disbelief a bit too far? The Green Goblin was explained by being futuristic military technology; fine. Doc Ock had developed psycho-kinetic arms which attached to his spine and tragically became melded onto his skeleton. Despite having to believe four mechanical arms could overwhelm a scientific brain, it wasn't beyond possibility. But a man whose sand-formed arms can morph into various shapes is surely a bit hard to believably carry off on film, isn't it?

We've been watching a man with the proportional strength and ability of a spider, who swings around the city with self-produced webbing fluid and sticks to walls. If you complain about Sandman and yet take the above for granted, I think that's hypocritical.