Did I just hear that?

Missy

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Today I was in Wal-Mart and a cute girl approached me out of nowhere.

Her: Hi, can you help me with something?

Me: You want me to buy magazine subscriptions for "troops overseas" and need my credit card number.

Her: ... how did you know?

Me: Because you're just attractive enough for me to know that this conversation wasn't going to end without you trying to get me to buy something.

Her: Wow. Thanks.

Me: That wasn't a compliment.

Then she awkwardly walked away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To be fair, one of my best mates, I didn't know his name for the first year of knowing him. This is one of the problems of meeting people while playing D&D. You learn their character names before you learn theirs and then you keep on calling them the wrong name afterwards because he answers to Stan and you already have a Dan you're friends with.

• 4 weeks later...

Walked into my building this morning. The building smells like smoke. This is odd, especially at 7:30 in the morning. I head up to my floor, and the smoke smell gets stronger. There are two microwaves sitting in front of the elevator, which is kind of odd.

I eventually find out that the largest and main microwave for our floor has been destroyed due to it somehow being set on fire. So, reasonably, I assume that our building, which is also amazingly old, just had shitty wiring.

Oh no. Turns out that my boss set it on fire. With a muffin. On the inside of the microwave.

I'll just let that sink in. My boss set a fire enough that there were black clouds of smoke and that the fire department had to be called in a microwave by microwaving a muffin. It had a paper wrapper on it, no metal or anything. I have no idea how she managed this.

I also found out today that the floor directly above us, which i've been up to and is supremely creepy, used to be a medical lab with a wall of fetuses. Yes. A fetus wall. No, I don't know, and I don't want to.

My department's interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After handing a student a short story he had just printed, he called out to me: "Hey!"

I acknowledged him with an upward nod.

"Have you seen Rosemary's Baby?"

"No, I have not," I said semi-formally.

"You should, 'cause like Rosemary's Baby," he tapped his now-stapled pages, "My story rocks!"

And with that, he walked out of the computer lab. (I imagined him dropping a microphone, too.)

I have no idea what just happened

• 2 months later...

This little gem was heard while walking back to work this afternoon:

"She should have told me! I mean, she didn't know I fucked him. I even forgot I fucked him. (I think I was drunk.) But how dare she not tell me! Now it's all awkward and shit!"

• 4 months later...

My new apartment is just off the Boston College campus, and I live next to an off-campus housing apartment building (i.e., the dorm for kids whose parents can afford to put them up in a nice apartment rather than actually being in a dorm) and I frequently walk past, listening to pearls of wisdom.

"I mean, information should be free, man. Information needs to be free. You wouldn't go around charging people for oxygen, would you? You wouldn't just, like, go inside someone's head and suck out their knowledge for lack of payment, would you? No, man. This is bullshit. Information is knowledge, and knowledge is power. That's why I shouldn't have to pay my own Internet bill."