Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Am I the only one looking at the picture of Tom Welling in the costume and thinking, "Wow, that looks like some shitty fanart."

Of course, what this means is that Clark will have worn the costume to defeat Darkside, get a small rip in it, and put it on the sewing pile, occasionally looking at it, but procrastinating for another couple of years before it's fixed and he wears it again. Also, he'll forget how to fly.

Am I the only one looking at the picture of Tom Welling in the costume and thinking, "Wow, that looks like some shitty fanart."

Nope. It does look pretty damn shit.

Of course, what this means is that Clark will have worn the costume to defeat Darkside, get a small rip in it, and put it on the sewing pile, occasionally looking at it, but procrastinating for another couple of years before it's fixed and he wears it again. Also, he'll forget how to fly.

Except for that one series, where he will ask whether his powers are a gift or a curse.

• 2 years later...

Various stupid reasons lead me to watch Smallville from start to finish. Took about 40 days to watch all 10 seasons.

I watched this as it aired for the first four seasons. As such, it was kinda nostalgic. But then it got so dragged down by the Clark/Lana/Lex shit. Lana & Lex should have gone away way before they did. As soon as they leave, I found the show got better.

The entire series didn't know how to build to a season finale. They'd start, forget, and rush everything. Brainiac, Doomsday, Zod, Darkseid all were massively anti-climatic. And that series finale was so anti-climatic. I get what they were trying, but it just felt like a cheat.

The real star of the show was John Glover's hair. Not even close.