Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I didn't even like the sex thing. It seems like that would be best-served for later. I mean, at this point, where else are they going to go with the relationship? Will they get married at the end of the season?

Overall, I thought this episode wasn't as bad as it could've been, but it wasn't too great. I did greatly enjoy the Lois/Clark interactions (for the most part), but that wasn't enough to save the episode.

Michael Ironside is THE MAN.

Easily the best thing about the episode.

So far, I don't mind the Civil War thing (considering that Clark hasn't revealed himself as Superman yet, so it sorta makes sense), but it could get annoying fast.

It irritates me since they've done such a shitty job adapting the DC universe's source material, but they'll gladly swipe from Marvel.

Also, when did Rick Flag become evil?

See above reply.

OMG CLARK LUTHOR!!!!!

The CW's Official Description For "Luthor!"

Here's the full official description for "Luthor," the new Smallville airing on December 3:

... JOHN GLOVER RETURNS AS LIONEL LUTHOR; Tess (Cassidy Freeman) acquires a Kryptonian box that once belonged to Lionel Luthor (John Glover). When Clark (Tom Welling) accidentally activates the box, he’s transported to a parallel universe where Lionel found Clark in the cornfields instead of the Kents. In this universe, Clark Luthor is a murderer and Lois (Erica Durance) is engaged to Oliver (Justin Hartley) and both of them hate Clark. Clark must be careful not to tip off Lionel that he’s not his son while trying to figure out how to get back to Earth where the monster Clark Luthor was transported in his place. Posted on KryptonSite. Executive Producer Kelly Souders directed the episode written by Bryan Q. Miller

You can also go to kryptonsite.com to read more news

Okay, this episode definitely had some rather large breaks from the comics, but it was still pretty cool. Aside from the fact that Mad Harriet got taken down like a stupid little girl, I really liked what they did with the Female Furies.

The Jor-El/Lara thing came out of the blue, and was really pretty wonderful. Harkened back to the best parts of the STAS and Man of Steel origins. I gotta say, I'm really digging how this season is just throwing in unexpected major Superman mythology moments.

The Tess stuff is really overdone and not that interesting, though.

There's no way they didn't lift that straight from FC, yeah.

Also, I liked the subtle way they retroactively made "A.C." into a young Aquaman, with the full Atlantean backstory and everything.

The "VRA", though, is WAY too close to the SHRA from Civil War. I mean, really. Even though the JSA had the whole "government forces heroes to unmask or retire" thing decades prior, this story really feels too much like Marvel's version.

Also, I liked the subtle way they retroactively made "A.C." into a young Aquaman, with the full Atlantean backstory and everything.

Smallville: Look! We alluded to Aquaman's Atlantean backstory and he has a hot wife now!

Me: Does he he yell "outrageous?"

Smallville: ...no.

Me: I think we're done here.

The "VRA", though, is WAY too close to the SHRA from Civil War. I mean, really. Even though the JSA had the whole "government forces heroes to unmask or retire" thing decades prior, this story really feels too much like Marvel's version.

"Way too close" meaning "blatant swipe." The storyline has led to some of the most ham fisted dialogue I've heard in the series. They should just stick to the Fourth World, where the occasional geek out keeps me powering through the final season.

I am looking forward to Lionel, albeit an alternate reality Lionel, being back next episode. I've always regarded the character as one of the high points of the series.

I have a terrible feeling we'll never see deathstroke. Just colonel tigh with another eyepatch.

Also, a late addition. Tess is a Luthor.

Way to flex those soap opera muscles writers. :headbonk:

This also adds incest to the mix doesn't it? I believe in the eighth season it was implied that she and Lex had a bit of sexy going on behind the scenes?

Also, I'm loving the whole "Wow, this new costume really does suck doesn't it? Try to keep him out of it as much best you can."