Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I liked the Hawkman fight, even if it wasn't all that well-choreographed.

"Death's stroke." - _ -

All the SHRA VRA stuff was stupid and annoying. Also, there was a major plot screw-up with the fact that the entire Not-Yet-Justice League have their unmasked faces shown on the "wanted" paper.

I can deal with the idea that the Apokoliptian forces have been on Earth throughout history. It fits with the original idea that Darkseid always needed human minds in order to find the anti-life equation.

The funeral scene was really cool. Even if we didn't get to see their faces (and it obviously wasn't the real actors playing half of them), it was nice to see Impulse, Cyborg, Zatanna, Aquaman, GA, Black Canary, and Stargirl all in-uniform together.

They should have killed off Green Arrow. I mean, Hawkman has gotten the most screen time of the JSA, but it hasn't been enough where I care about him dying outside of the fact he's Hawkman. With Green Arrow, you have a character who has been a part of the show for a number of seasons and the relationships we've seen him build on screen have more weight than Hawkman telling his story of reincarnation.

See now, that would have impact, but it'd also be really freakin' random and pointless. There's been no build-up to that, while there's been a build-up to Carter dying since his first episode. Also, since we have the whole reincarnation thing, there's a back-door for bringing Carter back. They'd have to do screwy things with the timeline to get an adult Carter Hall back again, but it could work.

Well, he would probably tell Slade that he knows what he's up to and he's not going to get away with it, then he'd fly off. But since Smallville skipped the whole secret identity thing and gave him a leather jacket, I guess the only thing they could do was have him deal out an extremely unjust punishment.

Here's the thing. Since Slade in this continuity is tainted by Darkseid, who's to say he's truly an evil person? He could have been a general who was very dedicated to his country and Darkseid pushed him over the edge to the over-the-top villainy he engaged in. If this is true, then he's going to be scarred for life when he gets out if Darkseid's influence could be removed.