Smallville

Missy

Well, on the flipside, I've never bought any of the previous DVD sets, so this is actually a great deal for me. (if you count seasons 4-7 as a "deal")

Missed this before.

Season 4 may be fucking horrible. But season 5 has James Marsters Brainiac, and Season 6 has Green Arrow showing up. How can you hate those seasons even after what they gave to the show.

Marsters and a hero, who for a while, an actually interesting superhero in Green Arrow.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an Aquaman in Smallville?

Arthur "AC" Curry appeared in an episode of the television series Smallville titled "Aqua", which aired on October 20, 2005. The episode features Arthur investigating the devastating effects on marine life from a project Lex Luthor has been developing for the U.S. military. In the process he also manages to date Lois Lane before leaving to continue his fight for the ecosystem. Like his Filmation counterpart, this version of the character is shown to have the power to throw 'water balls' having tremendous concussive impact; he could also swim faster than Clark Kent. It is also revealed that Arthur wears an orange and green costume because he attends the University of Miami, whose Miami Hurricanes team colors are green, orange, and white. Arthur was played by former American Idol contestant Alan Ritchson. In an allusion to the HBO program, when Arthur is asked which environmental group he is working for, he responds "I don't travel with an entourage." "Aqua" was Smallville's highest-rated episode that season.[8]

Ritchson reprised his role in the 2007 episode "Justice", as a member of Green Arrow's unnamed superhero team. Along with Victor "Cyborg" Stone and Bart "Impulse" Allen, they fought to stop Lex Luthor from creating an army of superhumans which he has kidnapped. During this second appearance, he is now using the codename of "Aquaman", and wears a costume similar to his traditional one.

In episode one of season eight, Arthur, Black Canary, and Oliver are all searching for Clark who had disappeared after the finale of the previous season. They succeed in finding Clark though Arthur and Canary are eventually captured by Tess Mercer. In the end of the episode, Arthur severs ties to the other members of the team due to their identity being compromised. He returns in the season ten episode "Patriot" with his new wife Mera to help Clark save Oliver from Slade Wilson.

From Wiki

Y'know, I feel incredibly stupid that I missed what they were trying to get at with Ollie looking for "the bow of Orion." Of course, "the bow of Orion" sounds like a pretty stupid concept, so I think things cancel out.

I totally missed that as well.

I don't really think it's a stupid concept, though.

Because it smacks of two things. Either they're going to actually imply that the Orions are the same to make a connection for connection's sake or, by just going with the myth of Orion, it will be another example of their schizophrenic habit of doing something straight from the comics like Captain Cold's costume, but will for some bizarre reason make Darkseid the smoke monster from Lost and call him "The Darkness."