Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian trailer, with some pretty big spoilers.

I literally have no idea what is going on in any of that except the end. I wanna watch, but I have a feeling this show's history has moved too far beyond me.

And is that the shitty "Superman Returns" uniform, with the tiny S shield?

And is that the shitty "Superman Returns" uniform, with the tiny S shield?

Yeah, though the colors might be altered a bit.

There's a rumor going around that the only reason they're using that suit is because it's the only one that's been pre-designed, screen-tested, and doesn't look like actual cloth like the pre-Returns ones did.

Really, I will be surprised as all hell if we see Clark in the costume in the episode, let alone the words "Superman" being uttered.

"Superman" has already been said or written 4 or 5 times.

Tom Welling said in a recent interview that in the finale, Clark will either marry Lois, fly, and wear the suit, or he will do none of those things. It's all or nothing. It seems unlikely that not one of those three things will occur, so I'm betting all three do indeed happen.

I hope you're right, because that fucking suit makes my blood boil.

There are Bat-costumes with nipples and the Superman Returns suit is what switches on your rage?

Well, those Bat-costumes never happened. There were no Batman movies between "Batman Returns" and "Batman Begins." Why, do you recall movies between then? Because, to my knowledge, nothing existed during that time period. Hey, remember how Joel Schumacher only made one movie between 1994 and 1999?

I hope you're right, because that fucking suit makes my blood boil.

There are Bat-costumes with nipples and the Superman Returns suit is what switches on your rage?

Well, those Bat-costumes never happened. There were no Batman movies between "Batman Returns" and "Batman Begins." Why, do you recall movies between then? Because, to my knowledge, nothing existed during that time period. Hey, remember how Joel Schumacher only made one movie between 1994 and 1999?

You're setting yourself up for a fall there, Prez!

I think that if Smallville ends on a semi-decent note, a lot of its bullshit will be forgiven. And if the finale sets up an alternative comics universe, I don't think that's a bad idea at all. DC may pick up a host of new fans and get to continue a separate TV-based universe a la Batman Beyond. I won't make a direct comparison to Marvel's Ultimate universe because I know that's heresy, but allowing the Smallville show to serve as a basis for an alternative take on the DC Universe doesn't sound bad, especially if they'd be allowed to include a new Batman and anyone else that didn't make the show.

As someone who doesn't/didnt watch Smallville, that is the optimist in me coming across, but the potential's clearly there if the right creative team get on board. As such, I'm happy to once again call K-Dubs wrong and call out Mike on his premature judgmentalism! ^_^

I think that if Smallville ends on a semi-decent note, a lot of its bullshit will be forgiven. And if the finale sets up an alternative comics universe, I don't think that's a bad idea at all. DC may pick up a host of new fans and get to continue a separate TV-based universe a la Batman Beyond. I won't make a direct comparison to Marvel's Ultimate universe because I know that's heresy, but allowing the Smallville show to serve as a basis for an alternative take on the DC Universe doesn't sound bad, especially if they'd be allowed to include a new Batman and anyone else that didn't make the show.

As someone who doesn't/didnt watch Smallville, that is the optimist in me coming across, but the potential's clearly there if the right creative team get on board.

I think that's about right.

Newsarama interview for the finale.

...Peterson and Souders told us that there are plans for a comic book to continue the story.

HAHAHAHA. SMALLVILLE WILL NEVER, EVER END!

So, it'll be like Buffy. Continuing the story and keeping the story going but in a different medium.

It does depend on who they get to write and draw the book. They'd need a writer who has a general knowledge of Smallville, but isn't just a fanboy of the show, and they will also need to give the book the same look as the actual series, and find a way to market the comic to Smallville fans. Who, for the most part will have no idea what a comic shop is in single issues, and have faith that a trade will sell well on Amazon etc. With the added problem of, usually trades hold 6 issues, and a regular Smallville episode would be about 40 minutes, so that's around 2 issues per episode of Smallville, so for each trade, they would get a Smallville episode for $15 on Amazon or something similar.

They would have to realise that they would need to have the book ready soon, as the second the series ends, they'd need a right time to fold into the new stories from Smallville to be told from the comics. But also try and make the comics new reader friendly at the same time. Letting the reader know it's Superman, he's been superman for years, but he hasn't actually been superman before, so, it'd make a fun Year 1 style take on the character.

So, they truly need to think this through, if they are going for a Smallville comic, and work out who the creative team are, how long since the finale of Smallville has gone by, and why should former watchers of the show read this comic. A comic, which if they wanted to read a down to Earth just starting out Superman they can read Earth: 1 Superman or Superman: Secret Origin by Geoff Johns.

Sorry about the extreme ramble, I'm typing this as a I fall asleep.

Guest TFG1Mike

Throughout Smallville's run it has changed days and timeslots sooo many times. I finally had gotten used to it on Thursday nights, but then it had to be moved to Friday nights. I would then always forget to watch it until either 10 minutes left in the episode or 5 minutes after it was over.

However I will make a huge attempt to watch tonight. Kinda excited to see it "potentially" end (ugh comic)

Now that it's over the CW has nothing, but it would be hilarious if they picked up the Wonder Woman Pilot that NBC recently axed.

Guest TFG1Mike

Now that it's over the CW has nothing

Supernatural.

What Chris said. Plus apparently Vampire Diaries and 90210 but I don't watch either of those.

ok I'll agree to Supernatural but there's no way that show can save the entire network. Probably I should have phrased it like: "now that it's over the CW airs nothing that interests me" :D