Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that it's over the CW has nothing, but it would be hilarious if they picked up the Wonder Woman Pilot that NBC recently axed.

I hope not. I hope that the 'Wonder Woman' pilot is thrown into a deep hole which is then filled up with concrete, so that it never sees the light of day again. It was NOT Wonder Woman, despite what Kelly, NBC and DC said. It is an abomination.

Now that it's over the CW has nothing, but it would be hilarious if they picked up the Wonder Woman Pilot that NBC recently axed.

I hope not. I hope that the 'Wonder Woman' pilot is thrown into a deep hole which is then filled up with concrete, so that it never sees the light of day again. It was NOT Wonder Woman, despite what Kelly, NBC and DC said. It is an abomination.

Can you link me to the pilot so I can see whether it deserves such trenchant views?

Can you link me to the pilot so I can see whether it deserves such trenchant views?

It hasn't been released anywhere, as there have only been test screenings. There is however a blow by blow podcast of it, done by a regular podcaster who happened to be randomly asked to take part in one. Here's the link to it.

Guest TFG1Mike

I agree Jason using the Williams Music was great.

My point with the gripe about not actually seeing Welling in the suit is that they could have found better ways to work around it.

My hope now is that whenever the DCU Animated Movies do another Superman dvd that they get Welling to voice him!!! That would be awesome!

I thought the finale was laughably terrible. I don't really want to get into it; if you enjoyed it, that's great. For me personally, there wasn't a lot to enjoy. I do want to bring up the two things that irritated me the most. First and most irritating was that they wiped all of Lex's memories. I've said before that I think Lex's journey throughout the series was the best thing the show ever did, and to take all that character development away was bullshit. I gave the whole clone thing a pass, but the memory erasure? Really, that's worse than not having a clear shot of Welling in the full suit. And then there's Darkseid. Not only does he have a terrible audio manipulated voice, but he's given the characterization of a one-dimensional, angry, ranty, monster of the week. There was none of the grandeur that is associated with Darkseid, nothing that would tell you he is the most evil force in the universe. And on top of that, his terrible voice and lines had to come out of John Glover's mouth because Darkseid was possessing him. To have one of the show's best characters and actors be the mouthpiece for the ruination of one of comics' greatest villains was just atrocious.

Guest TFG1Mike

I'm gonna put my thoughts in spoiler tags as they are a rundown of the entire finale. That way in case anyone hasn't seen it yet doesn't get spoiled.

well do what you do best prove him wrong!

So tess's full name is Lutessa? WTF

seeing jonathan with martha again was very cool

oliver is tainted by the darkness!!

the wedding is off... oh wait it's on

I've never fully grasped all the color variations of Kryptonite in Smallville this one does that that one does this etc. So Gold kryptonite takes his powers away for good huh hmmm

the lex body parts thing is creepy to me!!!

lionel bites the bullet

lex is back!!!

lois being on air force one reminds me of World's Finest lol

uh yeah Darkseid in Lionel's body with that god awful voice one of the worst things smallville has ever done.

flashing through clark's trials was very cool and then learn to fly!!!!!!!!!

lois getting to the meeting on air force one the secretary tells her that her hero has 5 mins.........ALOT OF FUCKING TIME PASSES between that moment and when SuperClark actually saves the world what the hell.

ok I understand that lex got his memory erased and all... and I kinda hate that but wasn't the X in the luthorcorp logo supposed to symbolize lexcorp?

why couldn't they have just shown him in the damn suit ugh! I do like that jonathan handed it to him though.

Watching it back again more up close we did see him in the suit barely though. It was all wide shots.

I didn't like the transition from clark in the suit back to the comic book

was Chloe's kids' lamp a red sun type thing??

so oliver and chloe had a kid interesting.

2018: Luthor Elected President

lois and clark gettin hitched oh wait......... someone tell perry there's a bomb in the elevator GREAT CEASERS GHOST!!!!

then the best part of the entire finale the John Williams Theme plays as clark pulls the shirt to reveal the suit!!!

Shaun and I started Skyping immediately after the finale finished, and recorded our conversation as an impromptu podcast-that-isn't-actually-part-of-our-forthcoming-podcast.

Link!

Shaun's the one that starts by saying "I am very disappointed." I'm the other guy.

These are the thoughts that I didn't get to while we were recording:

Part 1:

Granny Goodness is creepy. Really enjoyed the fact that they didn't shy away from directly referencing evil deities like Lucifer and Cali.

LOVED the stuff with Jonathan and Martha. The way it was all handled was brilliant.

Normally an entire episode about Clark and his reluctance or confusion about what he needs to do would be problematic, but I think it worked well here, considering that it essentially dealt with the Smallville version of Clark's character and actually moved him forward.

The Lois/Clark back-and-forth over the wedding seemed strangely like filler. More likely, it was deemed "necessary" soap opera drama. Still, though, the actual romantic bits were notably well-written.

The Oliver/Omega symbol subplot worked out alright, but it was a bit unnecessary. I'dve rather that they replaced the few punches in the Oliver/Clark throwdown with a few punches in the Superman/Darkseid throwdown.

Overall, I think Part 1 was a bit slow, but honestly felt like a good, mostly-quiet, heartfelt moment that got back to the family-centered nature of the first seasons. I loved it for the most part.

Part 2:

So... Oliver originally got the Omega symbol on his head by giving into wrath when he beat up Desaad. But when he EXECUTES all three of Apokolips' prophets, it's okay? BULLSHIT.

All the Apokoliptians are apparently made of black smoke, and die from one super-powered punch or piercing arrow.

What's the first thing Clark does after he finally learns to fly? Kills a guy. I mean, okay, Lionel was technically dead, and Darkseid was possessing him, but... at absolute best, that means that Clark probably killed Darkseid, or at least tried to. Why is this the first time that Clark didn't think "hey, this person who's been possessed by an evil entity might be able to be saved!" but instead just decided to pull the trigger? The fact that this is the first thing he does as Superman-without-the-suit is extremely concerning.

The actual "launch" out of the fortress is lame for two reasons:

1: He's in his tux still, not his Super-suit. If he's going to take flight dramatically in the fortress, he should be in the suit.

2: We already saw him fly. When he killed Darklionelseid. So this didn't have any dramatic weight.

Also, the president was going to send a nuke to Apokolips, KNOWING that it wouldn't do a damn thing, and that he'd kill a third of the people on the planet? Whaaaaa?

Did he have the omega symbol on his head? I guess that'd make sense, then. Alright. I'll buy that.

So we see a tiny speck that is supposed to be Superman flying towards Apokolips, then we see Apokolips moving away. Did he just push it? Did he do something MacGuyverish withe the planet's chemical makeup so it'd move itself? Does Apokolips have a steering wheel or something?

I guess if it's made of the same black smoke that Darkseid and his prophets are made of, it wouldn't take much force to move it. Maybe Clark used super-breath.

...in space. - _ -

As fun as it has been to debate, I'm not going to get into a boxing match this time around (mostly because we agree on a lot of things). Instead, I'm actually going to be positive and suggest posting some of our favorite things about the show. Because as critical of the show as I am, there are aspects of it that I thought were genuinely well-done.

Favorite Characters

1. Lex Luthor

2. Lionel Luthor

3. Jonathan Kent

4. Chloe Sullivan (Up to Season 8)

5. Lois Lane

Favorite Episodes

1. "Memoria"

2. "Shattered"

3. "Transference"

4. "Onyx"

5. "Descent"

Favorite Moments

1. Lex's twelfth birthday party from "Memoria"

2. "I am the villain of the story" from "Onyx"

3. The death of Lionel from "Descent"

4. Lionel's funeral from "Descent"

5. Lionel takes custody of Emily Dinsmore's clone from "Accelerate"

Favorite Characters

1. Chloe Sullivan (Seasons 1-5 only)

2. Lex Luthor

3. Clark Kent (Seasons 1-2)

4. Lionel Luthor

5. Jonathan Kent

Favorite Episodes

1. "Legion"

2. "Rosetta"

3. "Skinwalker"

4. "Stray"

5. "Fragile"

Favorite Moments

1. Clark running into the Tornado at the end of "Tempest"

2. Lionel's death in "Descent"

3. The use of the John Williams Krypton theme in "Rosetta"

4. The future-visions in "Hourglass"

5. The Lex/Clark dialogue in "Finale, Part 2"

Honorable mention: Lightning Lad's line in "Legion:" "No glasses, no tights, no flights. So far, he's nothing like the Man of Steel."

That is actually what I am hoping, it could possibly have Chloe and Tom Welling guest starring at times as their Smallville characters. I know at this moment The CW are trying to figure out what hero they can adapt.

That is actually what I am hoping, it could possibly have Chloe and Tom Welling guest starring at times as their Smallville characters. I know at this moment The CW are trying to figure out what hero they can adapt.

Seriously? You want the already reputed to be terrible Wonder Woman show to be a Smallville spin-off?

:shakehead:

They've savaged those two characters over the course of the last ten years enough, just let them be.

Also, remember the "wondrous woman" crack? Yeah. No.

And no they're not, they're looking for something that will last as long as Smallville has and be as popular, but they kind of already have that in Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries, or whatever it is the teenagers are watching these days.

Seriously? You want the already reputed to be terrible Wonder Woman show to be a Smallville spin-off?

That's the thing, who said it was terrible, a small group of people in a room and few stuffed shirt say this and suddenly its true. I want them to at least show the pilot and let us, the REAL viewers be the judge. I mean even the Crosby pilot, which had NOTHING to do with the character got an airing. NBC is just desperate for viewers and don't want to risk a time slot. The CW, on the other hand is barely scraping by, so they have to take chances.

That's the thing, who said it was terrible, a small group of people in a room and few stuffed shirt say this and suddenly its true. I want them to at least show the pilot and let us, the REAL viewers be the judge. I mean even the Crosby pilot, which had NOTHING to do with the character got an airing. NBC is just desperate for viewers and don't want to risk a time slot. The CW, on the other hand is barely scraping by, so they have to take chances.

Once again, the CW is in no real trouble. It's never going to be on the level of the big 4 but Smallville wasn't even the Network's highest rated program. So yeah, just because it lost a show long past it's prime doesn't mean that it's got to resort of picking up Wonder Woman which, frankly, this isn't even the topic to be discussing this.

Lana wasn't a bad character until she became obsessed with SECRETS AND LIES.

I did enjoy Lana is the early seasons, between S1-S3 she was actually quite an interesting character, the writers seemed to know what to do with her, keeping the actual mythology of Lana and how there was a romance that was never meant to be and all. Once S4 rolled around, her character seemed to dry out real quick, constantly complaining, being deceptive ans giving off mix signals. The S5 episodes where Clark was human I was able to deal as well, but that is because Clark was more open with her, so she had very little to complain about. Once they broke up that time she really just became a headache. Than when she returned she once again became somewhat tolerable, in fact I was quite moved with the last episode she was in and the emotion. Kristen isn't a bad actress, but I think the writers just gave up on the character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...