Comic-Con International 2004

Missy

I present to you a handful of pictures from the preview night of Comic-Con International.

Here's the crowd that had lined up hours before the doors were to open.

Crowd_02.jpg

Crowd_03.jpg

Two from the Batman: Hush line.

Bane.jpg

Batman.jpg

Three from The Batman, the new animated series. (Sorry about the quality of the second one.)

Bruce_01.jpg

Bruce_02.jpg

Joker.jpg

Three from a new Marvel series. (Sorry about the quality of the first and third.)

Goblin.jpg

Logan_01.jpg

Logan_02.jpg

Pictures from Day 01.

Assorted He-Man busts and a 2-up of a (hopefully) forthcoming Sorceress figure.

Hordak.jpg

Ram.jpg

Mer_Evil.jpg

Sorceress_01.jpg

Sorceress_02.jpg

Two from a 20" Lord of the Rings line.

Aragorn.jpg

Legolas.jpg

Three from the panel DC: The Write Stuff. (They're a little fuzzy. Sorry about that.)

Panel_01.jpg

Howard Chaykin, Jimmy Palmiotti, and Dan Jolley (l to r)

Panel_02.jpg

Peter Tomasi, Andy Diggle, and Paul Jenkins (l to r)

Panel_03.jpg

Andy Diggle, Paul Jenkins, and Bill Willingham (l to r)

Pictures from Day 02 (my final day).

An Alien v Predator display, and a Robocop 2-up from McFarlane Toys.

AvP.jpg

Robocop.jpg

Two from the panel Gays in Comics: Crossfire 3.

panel_02_01.jpg

Bob Schreck (DC editor), Terrance Griep (Scooby-Doo; wrestles in the Midwest as "The SpiderBaby"), Marc Andreyko (Manhunter), and Joan Hilty (DC editor) (l to r)

panel_02_02.jpg

Paige Braddock (Jane’s World), Tristan Crane (How Loathsome), and Phil Jimenez (New X-Men) (l to r)

Two from a Marvel panel.

panel_01_01.jpg

panel_01_02.jpg

Preview art for the newest Avengers title: Young Avengers. This book will debut in the aftermath of "Avengers: Disassembled," and will be penned by a writer of The O.C. (pardon me for not recalling his name this late). Expect it in January 2005.

We were told that several young people (possibly young heroes who already exist in the Marvel Universe) will step-up to fill the void that has been created, but nothing more.

(Sorry about the poor quality. I tried to darken and sharpen it in Photoshop, but this is the best I can do.)

YA.jpg

Also announced was Warren Ellis' attachment to Iron Man and the mini-series Ultimate Nightmare -- part one of a trilogy staring The Ultimates. Several new 2099 titles were mentioned as well, including Daredevil 2099, Black Panther 2099, and Mutant 2099.

Look for a full report early next week. (Unlike E3, I'll actually write this one... I hope.)

PLEASE tell me you saw Eliza Dushku while you were there!  If not her, how about Sarah Michelle Gellar?

Nope, and nope. However, I have a friend who met Eliza at Wizard World Philadelphia. She was signing at a booth that was hosted by a company he works for, and said that she was rubbing up against and cooing all over him. One of his coworkers corroborated his story, so take it for what it's worth.

PLEASE tell me you saw Eliza Dushku while you were there!  If not her, how about Sarah Michelle Gellar?

Nope, and nope. However, I have a friend who met Eliza at Wizard World Philadelphia. She was signing at a booth that was hosted by a company he works for, and said that she was rubbing up against and cooing all over him. One of his coworkers corroborated his story, so take it for what it's worth.

No fucking fair.

No fucking fair.

I'll have to ask him if he has any pictures, just to make you that much more jealous. :P

Here are the goodies I acquired.

2" Marvel MiniMate 2pk -- Battle Damaged Captain America and Classic Punisher

Cap.jpg

2" Marvel MiniMate 2pk -- Gaijin Wolverine & Mariko Yashida

Wol.jpg

2" Marvel MiniMate 2pk -- Clobberin' Time Thing and Super Skrull

Thing.jpg

7" Fred Krueger, The Springwood Slasher (This is actually a Christmas present for a cousin.)

Fred.jpg

The unreleased Fantastic Four film (1994) on DVD. (Expect a review soon.)

FFDVD.jpg

And the pride of my collection, the complete series of Bone comics in one freaking huge volume! (Expect a review soon.)

Bone.gif

Sadly, I wasn't able to get my mitts on the She-Ra figure, nor did I purchase the 7" "Crazy 88 Director" Quentin Tarantino Kill Bill figure. But I'm confident I'll end up with both by the time Wizard World Chicago has come and gone.

The unreleased Fantastic Four film (1994) on DVD. (Expect a review soon.)

FFDVD.jpg

I hope the picture quality's better than the bootleg VHS version I picked up there four or five years ago. Still, dark video or not, that's one hilarious film. The final scene, with Mr. Fantastic waving goodbye, is awesomely bad.

I hope the picture quality's better than the bootleg VHS version I picked up there four or five years ago. Still, dark video or not, that's one hilarious film. The final scene, with Mr. Fantastic waving goodbye, is awesomely bad.

Besides being a little dark, the picture quality was surprisingly okay. And this entire movie was "awesomely bad." There were times where I didn't know if I should bang my head, laugh, or bang my head while laughing.

My buddy Joe surprised me by bringing back the F4 DVD from San Diego for my birthday, and Autumn bought me original artwork from a cover of Flaming Carrot Comics, which is totally killer. So I basically got all the goodies I'll ever need from ComicCon without going this year. Muhahahaaa

My buddy Joe surprised me by bringing back the F4 DVD from San Diego for my birthday, and Autumn bought me original artwork from a cover of Flaming Carrot Comics, which is totally killer. So I basically got all the goodies I'll ever need from ComicCon without going this year. Muhahahaaa

Lucky!