Episode 31

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick buckles down and presents two collections of short films: Small Gauge Trauma from Synapse Films and Aftermath / Genesis from Unearthed Films. He also reviews Jeremy C. Shipp's new novel Vacation, and three comic books: Urban Monsters #1, and Gravel #0-1. Plus: news, feedback and bad, bad comedy. Tunes include: "Short Songs" by Dead Kennedys, "Small Silhouette" by Mudvayne, "Heads Explode" by Monster Magnet, "Would You Love a Monsterman" by Lordi and "Little Demon" by The Chuck Norris Experiment. Check out www.horror-mal.com. [ 1:03:42 || 29.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_031.mp3

I'm slowly catching up on these. It feels like you covered 87 different things this episode.

I'll have to pick Gravel (sp?) up when it hits trade, sounds like something I'd be into.

On the subject of short horror films, Des, I imagine you've seen Meshes of the Afternoon? If not, you must YouTube it immediately.

I know. It felt to me like I covered a lot in this episode but with short films come short reviews and I had a lot of content I could include. I got the artist's name of Gravel wrong. I'll correct myself on ep 32.

Meshes in the Afternoon is on my evening Youtube plate. Cheers!

Thanks for listening Dubs!

I'm gonna miss the Horror Mall ad break, strange as that may sound. Just like E-2.n:TS feels like it ties itself more into the mainstream geek conscious by advertising the sponsors wares, so too did these last few episodes of Dread Media. Still if more guests offer readers direct promotions during their interviews, I'm sure I won't mind! :)

I'm gonna miss the Horror Mall ad break, strange as that may sound. Just like E-2.n:TS feels like it ties itself more into the mainstream geek conscious by advertising the sponsors wares, so too did these last few episodes of Dread Media. Still if more guests offer readers direct promotions during their interviews, I'm sure I won't mind! :)

Me too. HM is a great service and will still sing their praises sponsorship or not. Sign up for the newsletter and read the copy yourself It's the Dread Media homegame!

They turned me into a rare book collector...that is until my wife sees the Visa bill.

Did you grab anything from Lurker Films?

Great episode, Des. I'm really interested in short films, but never know where to look. This helped a lot; Small Gauge Trauma has been added to my Netflix queue.

Then my work is done. I have some more coming up, I wouldn't recommend Aftermath to anybody except the most jaded of horror fans but it is still a beautiful film. In the creepiest and most profane way imaginable.

SGT is the best way to start. Although I dare you to sit through all of "Ruta Destroy" without eating the barrel of a shotgun. 13 films, only three are terrible.

Ahem! Don't get used to it...just sayin'