Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds

Koete

Trust me, I appreciate Perez's ability to include 5,646,542,086,541,086 characters on a page, but normally there's a spark of life to it. This -- this just feels like a dead, "throw everything at the wall" mess. Plus, it's too damn bright, what with all the glowing powers.

I'm getting flashbacks to my youth when I would forget to close the door and my dog would spraw my array of superhero action figures onto the floor.

I'm also rather amused by the fact that I can name a grand total of three people in that picture.

I'm not getting this. I regret buying Infinite Crisis and I see no indication that this will be any less confusng a clusterfuck.

edit- I mean, who gives a shit about the old and now should be defunct Legion? They've been replaced already! Is a cancelled and long-dead series really enough to draw people in to read this shit? I was fed up of it during the Lightning Saga. The only thing thats even slightly interesting here is the Raven/Luthor/Green Lantern deal at the top, and even thats not making me buy this. I'll get everything I need in the regular Lantern title when the Blackest Night comes around. Could an event seem more irrelevant than Final Crisis right now?

Personally, I feel Infinite Crisis and many of the One Year Later comics were a mess (massive delays, terrible reboots). So I'd like to see Final Crisis offer a true reboot. Everything that came before is gone (it happened, but it's gone), and the universe is being reborn.

Superman and Batman are just starting their careers. The JSA is formed by the United States government to be proactive, modern wartime heroes. Wonder Woman is considered a terrorist. Green Lantern Corps would be nonstop, pulpy space action. And so on. It all starts over.

However, considering DC has already begun to advertise their 2009 events, this will never happen.

I have to admit I usually think the Crisis shit gets hated on a lot here but Yoda has a point. But the two Crisis events are what made me get back into comics so I can't hate it. I would give anything to have Supes and Batman starting their careers though.