Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

Thanks to Koete for pointing this out to me.

From TVGuide.com:

[Cartoon Network] finally confirmed the rumored series Batman: The Brave and the Bold, which teams the Caped Crusader with a variety of DC Comics superheroes.

Also on that slate is... the new Batman series, whose guest stars include Green Arrow, Blue Beetle, Green Lantern and Aquaman. No clip was shown, but Rob Sorcher, Cartoon Net's chief content officer, says The Brave and the Bold will be "equal doses of comedy and high stakes."

brave-and-the-bold.jpg

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh... There’s not much to elaborate on really. It’s hard to figure out what you’re unsure about when all you’ve typed is a single question mark.

All I’m saying is that I’m not the target audience, but if it get’s younger kids into batman, then I’m all for it. It doesn’t fit with the modern source material, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Well this is an unrequired regression of the character. Its interesting that they'll be mixing it up with a lot of DC heroes (and using modern and old designs) but I'm pretty down on this. Of course its offset slightly by the anime movie and the Dark Knight.

Is it strange that I'm honestly not bothered by this in the least?

There's been grim and angry Batman for the last thirty-something years. There's buckets of it. I don't mind something a little lighter, especially if it appeals to kids. Also, there's nothing in there that says the humor can't come primarily from the guest stars and supporting cast. I can't think of the name of the episode, but the JLU in which Wonder Woman is turned into a pig comes to mind. Batman wasn't slipping on banana peels or wiping pie of his face, but that was a fairly lighthearted story that ended with Kevin Conroy warbling "Am I Blue" and overall worked pretty well.

Is it strange that I'm honestly not bothered by this in the least?

There's been grim and angry Batman for the last thirty-something years. There's buckets of it. I don't mind something a little lighter, especially if it appeals to kids. Also, there's nothing in there that says the humor can't come primarily from the guest stars and supporting cast.

No don't get me wrong, Batman himself can be absolutly hilarious. The problem is that I hate it when he's played lighter. He should be funny only occasionally and it should slightly freak people out when he is. Plus theres always the dry humour he shares with Alfred, thats perfectly fine.

Dan: You're right, the comedy might come from Green Arrow, Robin, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and others who are suited for it, leaving Batman to be slightly darker. All I'm saying is that having Batman in a show that's mostly funny is going to take some serious getting used to.

"This Little Piggy" is the perfect example of keeping Batman his dark self while wrapping comedy around him. If this new show will be more like that, great. If not, well, we'll see.

• 3 months later...

From the Batman panel:

Dini discussed his current Detective Comics arc, saying "Hush is a real sick bastard." He's also returning to his animation roots, having written an episode of the upcoming cartoon "Batman: The Brave and the Bold," which he said during the panel will feature Bat-Mite.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080725-com...tman-panel.html

Paul Dini?

Writing a Bat-Mite episode?

SOLD!