Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is that from?

By the way, did the show make up Music Meister like they did with Equinox or is he based off someone like the Fiddler.

EDIT: Just got what the picture was all saying (awesome, mocking/mixing pop, comic, and cartoon culture). Never mind about Music Meister's creation, I found out who he is in the comics from looking at that picture. Apparently in the DCU, when Michael Jackson's skin started to change (he also became a ginger) he developed the power to control people from his singing. And during the Blackest Night 2009 comic event, he used his powers to control Black Lanterns and make them help him do the Thriller music video.

DOUBLE-EDIT: Except that my idea of Blackest Night and MJ doesn't match the timeline of our universe, since MJ's skin changed and Thriller was made way before the people of DC have started Blackest Night, and Thriller was made before MJ's skin changed.

To me, the soundtrack isn't a good buy. It doesn't have a lot of songs, and a few of them are really short. There are about eight songs and one of them is just the 30 second theme song for the show.

It would be cooler if it was a two-disc set, one of the discs would be a DVD with the episode and a commentary/interviews with the voice actors and creators. The the other disc would be a CD with the soundtrack. Plus, there could be a thing like with most DVDs where you can the digital copy, except with this it would be for just the episode and the soundtrack from iTunes, or from Windows Media Player.

Just realized something, this Batman The Brave And The Bold episode really reminds me of that Batman Beyond one:

slide1ai.jpg

Remember the "superstitious, cowardly lot"? Too bad that line wasn't in this Music Meister episode.

Though the concept was really cool, I'm only lukewarm about the episode.

However, there were some really cool references during "Death Trap," including the Metal Men, the Female Furies, Boy Commandos, The Challengers of the Unknown, and The Trenchcoat Brigade.

I found this thread on Animation Insider, its mostly news for Season 2. Most of it people probably already know but there is some interesting stuff and exact information on some things.

Greg Weisman writes an episode

The musical episode, "Mayhem of the Music Meister!" features Grodd, Clock King, Black Manta, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Aquaman, and Music Meister voiced by Neil Patrick Harris.

The series has been renewed for 26 episodes, making the current total 52

Armin Shimmerman will voice one of the Guardians of the Universe and one other character that is unrevealed

When OMAC Attacks! features OMAC, Shrapnel, and Equinox.

The final four episodes of the season will air sometime in the fall.

Billy Batson will be voiced by Tara Strong and Captain Marvel by Jeff Bennett. Kevin Michael Richardson, Tom Everett Scott, John DiMaggio, Diedrich Bader, Tyler James Williams, Billy West, and Cree Summer were also present.

Batman will don a scarf in a World War II episode featuring Enemy Ace, Haunted Tank, GI Robot will appear.

Aquaman will return

New characters to appear are Detective Chimp, Vixen, Captain Marvel and the whole Marvel family, Viking Prince, Firestorm, Metal Men, Doom Patrol, B'wanna Beast, Black Orchid, Monsieur Mallah, and Starro

Discussions are taking place to use Superman and Wonder Woman

In "Chill of the Night!", Martha Wayne (Voiced by Julie Newman), Phantom Stranger (Voiced by Kevin Conroy), Spectre (Voiced by Mark Hamill), and Thomas Wayne (Voiced by Adam West) will appear and the episode will give closure to Batman

Tyler James Williams will voice Firestorm.

(Link).

Some more news about Season 2, next few episodes confirmed to start Season 2 are "Death Race to Oblivion!", "Chill of the Night!", and "Birds of Prey!".

"Death Race to Oblivion!" will air on November 20.

Synopsis:

"Mongul forces Earth's heroes and villains to race for the planet's survival."

Even More News

James Tucker: We’ll see a lot more C-listers, and I say that affectionately. We’ll get Firestorm (both old and new). As for villains, we’re REALLY digging deep. We’ll see Dr. Double-X.

James Tucker: We’re adapting two Batman stories. There’s a story where Batman finds out that his dad actually wore the Batman costume before him.

James Tucker: We’re also doing the Batman of Zur -en ar.

Andrea Romano: The Red Hood will return.

James Tucker: There’s also a Flash legacy show with Zoom. Anyone who knows Flash will recognize all the Flashes.