Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Next Episode:

Cartoon Network has scheduled the Batman: The Brave and The Bold episode "Long Arm of the Law!" to air Saturday, December 11th, 2009 at 7:30pm (ET) on Cartoon Network.

Teaser: Batman and Plastic Man rescue some boy scouts from a group of Sasquatches.

Main Plot: Kite Man plans revenge on Plastic Man. With a new sidekick named Rubberneck, Kite Man threatens Plastic Man's loved ones and plans to remove his powers.

Remember the "superstitious, cowardly lot"? Too bad that line wasn't in this Music Meister episode.

Of course, they made up for it with,

"Your resistance to my charms now ends,

As I belt these power chords!"

Picture that on a t-shirt. At a bar. On karaoke night. (I wouldn't wear the shirt, but it'd be funny to watch people mock the guy who IS wearing it.)

The thing that worked about this episode is that Batman never sang until it was part of his plan. I think that's why this show works. Batman's not making ha ha (with Harley Quinn - sorry, had to complete the line), and only rarely makes a joke; when he does, it's on the wry to sarcastic spectrum. It's the right mix between Batman being serious with the show around him supplying most of the humor.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Friday, January 1st, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Revenge of the Reach!"

Blue Beetle's scarab is revealed to be linked to an army of evil aliens known as the Reach. Does he have the power to resist their influence?

Friday, January 8th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!"

Aquaman attempts to take a family vacation with Mera and Arthur Jr., but can't resist helping heroes along the way.

Friday, January 15th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Golden Age of Justice!"

An aging JSA is faced with the return of their worst enemy, Per Degaton, as he returns from suspended animation to enact a plan for world-domination, while Black Canary helps Wildcat face his greatest regrets.

Friday, January 22nd, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Sidekicks Assemble!"

Aqualad, Robin and Speedy have had it with being bossed around and demand a piece of the action, but they get more than they bargained for when they find themselves facing off against Ra's Al-Ghul and his flying island!

Friday, January 29th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Clash of the Metal Men!"

Batman is introduced to a team of energetic androids known as the Metal Men. When their creator goes missing at the hands of the Gas Gang, Batman helps them track the villains to get him back.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

"The Long Arm of The Law!" was great; Sasquatches, Kite Man, and Woozy Winks, what more could you want? Really reminded me of when Season 1 was at the top of its game. "Revenge of The Reach!" was one of the better Blue Beetle episodes, probably second best for me. The best part was the teaser though, which set up for a mini-storyarc that will run through the next several teasers.

574a033.jpg

AQUAMAN IS IN AN RV.

Mera's hair is epic there. The whole thing makes be think that this is their 25th wedding anniversary and she's not too happy with her husband's idea of a present, a road trip across america.

It's actually the opposite. Mera wants everyone to go on a family vacation, while all Aquaman wants to do is fight supervillains and yell, "outrageous!"

574a033.jpg

AQUAMAN IS IN AN RV.

Mera's hair is epic there. The whole thing makes be think that this is their 25th wedding anniversary and she's not too happy with her husband's idea of a present, a road trip across america.

It's actually the opposite. Mera wants everyone to go on a family vacation, while all Aquaman wants to do is fight supervillains and yell, "outrageous!"

Oh my god, that sounds like the most fucking awesome thing ever!