Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hourman is the tits! What do you have against him? :madgo: You think he is bad, there is an episode upcoming paying omage to RIP, as you posted above:

Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Super-Batman of Planet X!"

Batman lands on this distant planet Zurr En Arrh and finds a doppelganger Batman, but more surprisingly, on this planet the Caped Crusader has super powers! Together they battle the mad genius Rhotul, who soon learns Batman's super weakness.

The Justice Society got everything I love about the team right there. The JSA really does feel like a family at times and even the modern JSA feels knit together due to their legacy roots. The thing I've always felt special about the DC universe is that mantles do switch hands. (It's also why Barry coming back got on my nerves but that's beside the point.) The interaction between Black Canary and Wildcat was probably one of the best parts of the episode.

Hourman is the tits! What do you have against him? :madgo: You think he is bad, there is an episode upcoming paying omage to RIP

Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Super-Batman of Planet X!"

Batman lands on this distant planet Zurr En Arrh and finds a doppelganger Batman, but more surprisingly, on this planet the Caped Crusader has super powers! Together they battle the mad genius Rhotul, who soon learns Batman's super weakness.

Actually, the Batman of Zur En Arrhcomes from the silver age and was re purposed for RIP.

Hourman is the tits! What do you have against him? :madgo: You think he is bad, there is an episode upcoming paying omage to RIP, as you posted above:

I have nothing against Hourman. It's the characters you listed that have nothing whatsoever to do with the JSA that I was referring to.

And Batman R.I.P. was great.

Yeah, the original is good, but in RIP they ruined the legacy and had their way with it where it was a split personality when he went crazy and hallucinated seeing bat-mite and a homeless junkie. Fuck I hate RIP

Now to go back to watch that episode, with the JSA.

Also, the original Zur En Arr story really did nothing to affect RIP except say that it happened and Batman put it in the black casebook and thought it would help him at a later date*

*Waiting for Koete nod of approval.

Also, Detective Chimp is fucking awesome!

Also, the original Zur En Arr story really did nothing to affect RIP except say that it happened and Batman put it in the black casebook and thought it would help him at a later date*

*Waiting for Koete nod of approval.

Half-nod.

I mean, Batman didn't gain super-powers and there wasn't a Batman from another planet in R.I.P. But Batman being summoned in a trance by the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh might've informed the idea of the back-up personality and while not having the same function, the Bat-Radia was as important in the story.

picture6dx.jpg

Batman: The Brave And The Bold Volume 3!

This one-disc DVD will be released February 2, 2010.

List Price: $14.97

The DVD will have 5 episodes of Batman The Brave And The Bold, those being:

1. The Journey to the Center of the Bat!

2. The Eyes of Despero!

3. Return of the Fearsome Fangs!

4. Deep Cover for Batman! (Part 1)

5. Deep Cover for Owlman! (Part 2)

More news on Volume 3!

"Batman: The Brave And The Bold - Volume Three" DVD Release Menu System, Artwork

January 29, 2010 by James Harvey

The World's Finest has a look at the package art and menu system for the upcoming Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Volume Three DVD release from Warner Home Video.

A selection of images from the upcoming Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Volume Three DVD release are available below, exclusive to The World's Finest, including a look at the menu system and package art for the title. The Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Volume Three DVD release, featuring five episodes from the popular Batman: The Brave and The Bold animated series airing on Cartoon Network, hits shelves on February 2nd, 2010. Click on the thumbnails for a closer look.

m1.jpgm2.jpgm3.jpgback.jpgdiscart.jpg

Warner Home Video will release Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Volume Three to DVD on February 2nd, 2010. Official press details for this release are available here. A fourth DVD volume release for Batman: The Brave and The Bold is scheduled for release later this year.

Source

Clash of The Metal Men!

-20,000 Victories Under The Sea - Aquaman's new memoirs!

-Er...Starro has his own Silver Surfer?

-Not Fluke too!

-Pretty sure Chemo has a Godzilla screech!

-Doc Magnus is the man.

-Man, people die a lot on this show. (Oh wait, plot twist!)

-Oh man, that was hilarious.

-Wow, those are some lame bodies.

Overall, not a great episode. But considering the episodes before it and the ones coming next month, I can't really complain.

The Metal Men seem like likable characters, they also seem like they could be put in a an interesting story, for example maybe something where they look at themselves and realize how they aren't human (I got a vibe of story like that with the video scene, even though that was just in there to inform us who they were), but we don't get anything interesting in this episode. Its just Tin going on about how he isn't important, when every second someone else has to tell him he is, yet at the same time that part of the story wasn't spotlighted enough. The Gas Gang were just a bunch of villains that had a similar theme to the Metal Men, they just said stupid puns (okay maybe there weren't any, but it seemed like the place for stuff like that to be), and they were never able to be destroyed. I hated them, they were annoying villains.

Also, something more could be done with the metal men besides being shiny colors for the kids. IMO

*I wish I knew how to get that hide under the table Emoticon*