Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

Scooby-Doo will appear in an episode of Cartoon Network's Batman: The Brave and the Bold titled "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!," The Continuum has learned.

The episode will be similar to the "Legends of the Dark Knight" episode of Batman: The Animated Series in that three different incarnations of Batman will be featured.

Scooby will be featured in one of the three segments, along with a guest-star playing himself, as was often the case in the early Scooby cartoons.

The episode is written by Paul Dini and directed by Ben Jones.

Source

Just when I thought I couldn't love this cartoon any more than I do.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I need to approach this show to make it watchable for me? I've tried to watch it on whim several times and have recorded a few episodes, but I just can't get into it.

Watch these episodes: "Legends of the Dark Mite!" (It addresses many of the problems some fans had going in, expecially the ones who are in the "Always Dark and Moody" camp), "Mayhem of the Music Meister!" (Neil Patrick Harris. I shouldn't have to say another reason to watch it. Seriously. Never.), "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!" (If you ever run into anything that makes you love Aquaman, it will be this episode.) and "Journey to the Center of the Bat!" (The episode that made me realize how awesome this show is.) Really, thing to remember is that the show is fun. It's not serious, there is only rarely a ton of continuity. Overall, it's a fun show that anyone should be able to watch and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Siege of Starro! Part One

"You'll be telling your grandkids you were there the day Guy Gardner single-handedly fought off an army of one-eyed monsters." (Just...wow.)

Batman siccing Ace on Booster Gold!

Batman vs. the Faceless Hunter in the Batcave!

Batman using his trophies in combat!

Batman, Booster Gold, Captain Marvel, Firestorm, and B'wana Beast vs. an army of Starro controlled superheroes! (Badass!)

Starro'd Ch'p!

Captain Marvel saying "Holey Moley!"

STAR Labs!

Brave and The Bold #28 cover homage!

Sugar and Spike reference!

Starro made into DC's Galactus!

Great return for the show. Hope the new episodes keep coming for awhile this time.

The Siege of Starro! Part Two

B'Wana Beast has a Marvel Comics origin!

Aquaman missing? Outrageous!

Twist on the Galactus-Herald dynamic!

Meta comment about B'Wana Beast!

Starro controlled Aquaman taking names!

B'Wana fused Starro creature!

Batman's astronaut suit is awesome!

Borg reference!

Parademon, Mother Box, Superfriends Brainiac, Thanagarian soldier, Gleek, and Cosmic Cube references!

B'Wana Beast...sacrificed himself.

"I shall call this adventure 'The Time The C-List Heroes Barely Helped Save The Day!'"

Funeral for B'Wana Beast.

Great ending to a pretty good two parter.

I just started to watch this series. For a long while I was put off my the 50's era animation and just was nervous at seeing Batman bought back to the campy style he was in the 60's. I finally decided to watch the series when I head Kevin Conroy (Phantom Stranger), Adam West (Thomas Wayne), Mark Hamill (Spectre) and Julie Newmar (Marth Wayne) will be in an upcoming episode. What I must say about the series so far; is that while it has some elements of campiness, it actually does it with a great style.

Diedrich Bader is great in the voice of Batman. Corey Burton comes in several times as Red Tornado and more DCAU voices graces us with new character voices.

I love the episode with Bat-Mite entitled "Legends of the Dark Knight" it was written by Paul Dini and featured great homages to Batman: The Animated Series, The Dark Knight Returns and the 60's TV series. Bat-Mite also makes you appreciate Mr. Mxylpltik a little bit more.

At the moment I'm doing Episode reviews for Freddy's Nightmares and Smallville, so when I'm done I will be doing reviews for this series as well. If you want to check out the episode reviews for the series I've done already, go to my rottentomatoes page under the name annericelover. I've done, Angel, Nip/Tuck, Smallville 1-6, Lois & Clark 1-3.

One cannot help point out the amusing contradiction here - you didn't watch the show out of nervousness at seeing 60's campy style Batman...until Adam West and Julie Newmar were among the guest stars.

October schedule:

Friday, October 8th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "The Last Patrol!"

The outsider heroes The Doom Patrol are pulled out of a hasty retirement when supervillains begin trying to assassinate them...or perhaps re-unite them?

Friday, October 15th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "The Mask of Matches Malone!"

Batman, Huntress and Black Canary are after Two-Face -- and so is Catwoman. While incognito, Batman gets amnesia and believes himself to be a real gangster -- now the girls must stop him and Two-Face!

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "Menace of the Madniks!"

Booster Gold misses his late best bud, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), but when he travels back in time to hang with him, he throws the present into chaos and Batman must travel back with him to fix the mistakes and get one last adventure in with the super hero before he passes on.

Friday, October 29th, 2010 at 7:00pm (ET) - "Emperor Joker!"

The fifth-dimensional fanboy Bat-Mite wants to see a showdown between his idol and his arch-nemesis - the Joker! In an attempt to save Batman, Bat-Mite inadvertently gives Joker his limitless power allowing Joker to warp reality to his most twisted fantasies.