Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Knights of Tomorrow!

-Teaser: THE QUESTION. INVESTIGATING. DARKSEID'S PLANS. ON APOKOLIPS.

-Flashback with Detective Comics #27 Batman constume!

-Detective Comics #38 cover homage!

-More homages to the 60s Batman tv show!

-Batman and Catwoman hooking up!

-Clark Kent!

-Damian!

-Batman museum!

-The Hall of Holyisms. As in, a hall dedicated to all of the times Robin said "Holy..., Batman!" GENIUS.

-The "Son" of The Joker!

-"You have quite an arm on you, Mr. Wayne. I think I'll use it to beat you to death with."

-Bat-tragedy!

-Old Man Joker!

-Joker knowing Batman's identity!

-Meta comment on The Joker's longevity!

-"Rule 1: good supervillains never leave the superhero alive, dummy. Rule 2: countdown clocks are for hacks."

-Grant Morrison Batman villains!

-DKR mutants!

-BTAS opening homage!

-Batman and Robin III!

-The stories of future Batmen revealed to be written by Alfred!

So much fun. Loved the teaser setting up the Darkseid episode. Loved the updating of the Silver Age Batman story. Loved The Joker. Loved all of the homages to past TV shows and villain cameos at the end.

Koete didn't leave much to mention, but

I thought it was a nice reference to Azreal that Damien Wayne Batman wore the Azbat's outfit. Granted it's not as cool as his awesome trenchcoat costume from Morrison's run, but it was still a nice reference.

That wasn't AzBats, that was an Elseworlds future Batman costume.

Also, the in-joke with Damien's sidekick/son was that he was voiced by Dederich Bader's son.

Koete didn't leave much to mention, but

I thought it was a nice reference to Azreal that Damien Wayne Batman wore the Azbat's outfit. Granted it's not as cool as his awesome trenchcoat costume from Morrison's run, but it was still a nice reference.

That wasn't AzBats, that was an Elseworlds future Batman costume.

You're right, it wasn't exactly it, but the red eyes and leg bandolier were hallmarks of that outfit. I'm sure it was at least a partial influence.

Also the future villains shown were nice. I mean, I don't give a crap about the Black Hand members from RIP, but at least they showed Pyg.

The Knights of Tomorrow!

-Teaser: THE QUESTION. INVESTIGATING. DARKSEID'S PLANS. ON APOKOLIPS.

-Flashback with Detective Comics #27 Batman constume!

-Detective Comics #38 cover homage!

-More homages to the 60s Batman tv show!

-Batman and Catwoman hooking up!

-Clark Kent!

-Damian!

-Batman museum!

-The Hall of Holyisms. As in, a hall dedicated to all of the times Robin said "Holy..., Batman!" GENIUS.

-The "Son" of The Joker!

-"You have quite an arm on you, Mr. Wayne. I think I'll use it to beat you to death with."

-Bat-tragedy!

-Old Man Joker!

-Joker knowing Batman's identity!

-Meta comment on The Joker's longevity!

-"Rule 1: good supervillains never leave the superhero alive, dummy. Rule 2: countdown clocks are for hacks."

-Grant Morrison Batman villains!

-DKR mutants!

-BTAS opening homage!

-Batman and Robin III!

-The stories of future Batmen revealed to be written by Alfred!

So much fun. Loved the teaser setting up the Darkseid episode. Loved the updating of the Silver Age Batman story. Loved The Joker. Loved all of the homages to past TV shows and villain cameos at the end.

My God this episode was amazing!

Description for "Darkseid Descending!"

Batman assembles a new, motley Justice League to thwart a pending Earth invasion by Darkseid. The rag-tag group can hardly get along - let alone battle a near god - but they have to learn to pull it all together when they become Earth's last hope.

Description for "Darkseid Descending!"

Batman assembles a new, motley Justice League to thwart a pending Earth invasion by Darkseid. The rag-tag group can hardly get along - let alone battle a near god - but they have to learn to pull it all together when they become Earth's last hope.

Knowing this show, it'll be Booster, Guy, Beetle, and Captain Marvel, I.E.: The JLI.

"Darkseid Descending!"

-Hilarious Firestorm teaser!

-S.T.A.R. Labs!

-JL Watchtower!

-Booster Gold hitting on Fire and Ice!

-Martian Manhunter!

-Guy Gardner hitting on Fire!

-"By Neptune's trident you do not know how to tell a story!"

-"Apologies. I do tend to prattle on. Does anybody want a cookie?"

-Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, and Aquaman fight while Martian Manhunter chills out and eats cookies...

-...until the cookies get knocked out of his hands!

-Greatest. Cut. Ever!

-Auxiliary Batcave under the Lincoln Memorial!

-DARKSEID!

-"Impressive...for a mortal. But in the end, you're just a human with a few toys."

-DARKSEID!

-Question saves the day!

That was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome.

meh...

Michael-Leon Wooley's Darkseid was better than Andre Baugher's, but still made me wish Michael Ironside had voiced him. Wasn't crazy about the way they animated his facial expressions either.

Also, a Darkseid episode without Superman? WHAT?

On the positive side, Ice as a ditsy Swede was nice and I liked J'onn J'onzz better than I had expected to after watching the previews for it. I'm also glad I wasn't the only who caught the C-3PO joke.

All in all, above-average but not great.

I figure the rights were cleared after this episode was produced.

I also liked that, given Batman's godlike status in the show (I love B&B, but it's getting ridiculous), Batman didn't defeat Darkseid.

That I will give it, and though I wasn't crazy about the show's version of Darkseid, I'm glad they didn't ruin him like they did the Joker. In fact, I think the show has done a disservice to the DC Villains as a whole by just making them two-dimensional antagonists and not getting in deep with any of them like the DC Animated Universe did.

That I will give it, and though I wasn't crazy about the show's version of Darkseid, I'm glad they didn't ruin him like they did the Joker. In fact, I think the show has done a disservice to the DC Villains as a whole by just making them two-dimensional antagonists and not getting in deep with any of them like the DC Animated Universe did.

We'll have to agree to disagree on The Joker, as I find him to be absolutely hilarious and used to great effect.

As far as the villains go, holding them to modern comic book standards I can see your point, but looking at them in the context of the show as a whole, I can't imagine a more well done tribute to the Silver Age.

We'll have to agree to disagree on The Joker, as I find him to be absolutely hilarious and used to great effect.

As far as the villains go, holding them to modern comic book standards I can see your point, but looking at them in the context of the show as a whole, I can't imagine a more well done tribute to the Silver Age.

It is true that the show is one giant tribute to the Silver Age and I'm glad that by and large it doesn't take itself too seriously. I'm not the person to ask about what the Silver Age was all about since I'm just coming into comics, but having seen or read a few tributes to the era, I prefer those that pay respect to it but are clearly written with modern sensibilities and without the silly puns, like DC: The New Frontier and the Justice League episode "Legends".

The Joker is a character that has gone in several directions since he was first created, but he should always be either sinister or hilarious, or, ideally, BOTH and this version is NEITHER. I've seen every episode he's been in and cannot remember him saying or doing a single thing that made me laugh.