Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
Still looks better than S:TAS to me <ducks tomatoes>

that's it mr. doomsday that's blasphemy to say anything against the DCAU when comparing cartoons to it. S: TAS had it's good a bad moments but it looked a helluva lot better then this Batman The Crave & The Cold bullshit lol

Guest DCAUFan1051
Crave and the cold?!

What happened to that book of one liners i gave you! You could have had The crap and the crapper, batman: boring and bollocks, or my personal favourite The Batman season five all over again.

Oh god that season was so fucking bad.

Or it could have been Catman: The Crave & The Cold lol

and Season 5 wasn't that bad I liked The Batman Superman Story 2 parter the best long live George NewBern as Supes and Clancy Brown as Lex

the earlier seasons were worse

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051
Okay. First episode just started...pretty sure Batman used a lightsaber.

yea it was very lightsaberish.... I gotta say this aint no B: TAS quality show

more thoughts to come after I suffer through the rest of this crap

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK this show is whacked.

as far as I can remember Bats never ever had deep space missions. I am unsure of that though.

Bader's voice of Bats is ok for the cartoon but still KEVIN CONROY rules!!!

those animal looking matrix tenticle thingies were weird.

Overall I rate the first episode 1/5

Couple of thoughts:

-Batman has a bit of Dick Sprang influence to him which is cool.

-Clock King was rocking the stereotypical super villain accent and his henchmen had special henchmen shirts that said "Tick" and "Tock".

-The intro scene is a nice way to include more than one hero in the show alongside Batman.

-The Batman interior dialogue is gonna get old fast.

-Still confused given the Silver Age tone of the show why they used Jamie Reyes.

-The call back to Jamie's earlier conversation with his friend was a nice touch.

There were parts of it that I chuckled at, but I was a bit dissapointed that it seemed to talk down to the kids who are going to be watching rather than at their level.

I was a bit dissapointed that it seemed to talk down to the kids who are going to be watching rather than at their level.

Really? I didn't see that at all.

True, it was pretty much all action which is probably what kids are going to be into most when watching it. I guess I just thought a lot of the dialoge was a bit super hero cliche, such as the "believe in yourself" speech. The animation and action were top notch though.

The moral was a bit on the nose, but kids won't mind as long as the cartoon looks cool -- which it does!

It's a bit odd seeing the modern Blue Beetle in a Silver Age-ish show, but only us longtime fanboys will notice. And, really, if they blend it well, even we'll get over it.

The moral was a bit on the nose, but kids won't mind as long as the cartoon looks cool -- which it does!

It's a bit odd seeing the modern Blue Beetle in a Silver Age-ish show, but only us longtime fanboys will notice. And, really, if they blend it well, even we'll get over it.

It definitely was a lot of fun. I guess I'm still in the process of disassociating myself from the DCAU. I am looking forward to the team-up with Plastic Man and the Bat-Mite episode written by Paul Dini.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I know andrea romano is the voice director on this show and james tucker is some kind of producer but with last night's episode they basically ripped off a justice league unlimited episode without the rest of the justice league. The only difference was the end result Grod never becomes human in JLU. The only cool factor for me out of this show is the batmobile in the intro and until it was destroyed the bat wing was cool.

I still like the B: TAS BatWing the best!!!!!

I have not as yet formed my own opinion as to Batman: The Brave and the Bold, but my seven-year-old cousin has. He likes it. When I asked him why, he said because Batman did not scare him. You see, a few months ago, we watch an episode of Batman: The Animated Series (Heart of Ice) and it scared the crap out of him (I think it was a combination of Batman and Mr. Freeze that really scared him). It reminded me of the scene in The New Frontier where the little boy is scared of Batman. But at the same time he loves watching superhero cartoons with me, but we haven't watch anything else out of the DCAU since the Heart of Ice fiasco. We've stuck to Superfriends and the like, but my cousin is beginning to see them as very lack-luster. Then Batman: The Brave and the Bold came along and I think it just it may redeem Batman in my cousin's eyes and make him want to try B:TAS again. I can only hope.

As for me, well I think I'm going to straddle the fence a little bit longer about whether or not I like the show as an adult of one and twenty years. But I do think that we, the people of Earth-2.net, might be looking at the show through our adult eyes and not through the eyes of a seven-year-old. Yes, most of us might be kids at heart, but those kids are probably about nine or ten. We need to bring our inner children to about age seven, then re-examine the cartoon. If we did that, maybe we would see what my little cousin sees: a kid friendly show. I think we can all agree that the DCAU may have started out as a dark kid show, but over time the target audience became people our age. Now when we see a new Batman cartoon, we expect it to live up to the standard B:TAS has set for it. But kids are not going to expect that. All they want is a show that takes them on an adventure. I personally think that Batman: The Brave and The Bold might the venue in which to get a new generation into cartoons like the DCAU and into comics once they are a little older.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox, but not without this final thought. Don't judge it too harshly after only the first couple of episodes. Remember even B:TAS had to test the waters and even they had some bad episodes (re: The Terrible Trio).