Stuck in GTA:SA. Help please?

S-T

OK, about a year ago, I stopped playing GTA: San Andreas because I couldn't get past that race with Claude from GTA 3. I recently popped it back in, and while I'm improving I just can't win that race. Unless I win the race, I can't proceed to the rest of the story. Can anyone help me out here?

I was hoping there was a cheat that would help me win. I had a hard time with one of the previous races until I punched in the "your car destroys everything like a tank" chat. That doesn't work in farewell my love because it destroys your car too.

I went and jacked a middle-of the line car with really good handling, that wasn't super fast. It took me 3 or 4 tries, but with a decent car it's totally doable. Don't jump into the lead, as there are a few twists and turns that will totally fuck your car up, and there are normally a couple different ways to make up time.

I went and jacked a middle-of the line car with really good handling, that wasn't super fast. It took me 3 or 4 tries, but with a decent car it's totally doable. Don't jump into the lead, as there are a few twists and turns that will totally fuck your car up, and there are normally a couple different ways to make up time.

Basically. And you want to drive between the trees on the way downhill if you can - it's a great way of getting ahead.

I Googled it and finally found a cheat that works. With "cars fly" turn on, the other racers floor it and go airborne. Then you have the track all to yourself. You leisurely drive through the course, making sure not to go too fast. Why no, Catalina, I didn't have an unfair advantage. Why ever do you ask?

I still hate Claude. :)