Secret Invasion

ragernok2002

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, no one huge yet. Pym was a surprise though.

I'm going to assume that at least one member from each Avengers team is a skrull. I'd say Hawkeye and Wonder Man, because Clint would be super easy to emulate since he's not behind a bow and seriously, who gives two fucks about Wonder Man?

I thought

Jarvis and Dugan were fairly big. Two of Starks closest confidants are skrulls.

The question is know how long have they been Skrulls?

Pym

was a nice suprise. They also seem to have answered who

Captain Marvel is.

Hopefully they will answer if

Cage's wife and child are skrulls as hinted in New Avengers

I thnk Cyclops is going to be a skrull or there will be at least a double of him. The whole puttng together of the Young X-Men doesn't feel right.

Honestly, I saw Pym coming a mile away. He was at the very top of my list. Jarvis, however, :shakehead:. Not Jarvis!

DW: If you recall, in Avengers Disassembled, Hawkeye "died" storming a (fake) Skrull ship. Was that a clue to Hawkeye's identity?

And I like Wonder Man. :blush:

Once again Marvel Totally Utterly misses the boat on a great idea, Not much unlike Cival War..Or How I learned to stop worrying about Marvel pecking order and Hate Tony Stark Even more...

The Biggest of shockers should have been Skrull AUNT MAY!

Also it would have been a very good way out for the staff of spider-man revealing his identity

why

1.Aunt May being abducted by the Skrull and replaced would have been shocking in the way of how deep and evil the skrulls invasion has gotten right under thier noses.

2. After knowing Aunt May is abducted Spidey would have gone after them with help. But remember the invasion would still be unknown on the level that it was.

3. One dead skrull...that's all you would need. One dead skrull killed in battle even accidently would have been a perfect way out for spidey and a way for Iron to make amends.

Iron man could easily report that Spidey was killed in battle while trying to be approhended for his turn coat ways during the way and his unwilingness to comply..But he would also add that the spider man they killed was not the spider-man at all..But a skrull posing as parker and also as spider-man, A frame job if you will in attempts to trouble the heroes in thier darkest hours. Parker was just a unlucky face picked for this scheme, Lucky for parker though the skrull told Iron of his where abouts and he was safely returned home.

BING BANG BOOM....PLOT THICKENED...PARKER NOT SPIDEY ANYMORE...IRON MAN BUILDS THE BRIDGE OF FRIENDSHIP AGAIN WITH SPIDEY.

Sigh...if only the house of creations could keep those creations in the realm of fun and not fluff to sell more comics to unknowing masses who think this is a universe changing event.

DW: If you recall, in Avengers Disassembled, Hawkeye "died" storming a (fake) Skrull ship. Was that a clue to Hawkeye's identity?

This is my thinking, yes.

As for Wonder Man, he's on a team with the Sentry and Ms. Marvel, making him completely irrelevant.

Once again Marvel Totally Utterly misses the boat on a great idea, Not much unlike Cival War..Or How I learned to stop worrying about Marvel pecking order and Hate Tony Stark Even more...

The Biggest of shockers should have been Skrull AUNT MAY!

Also it would have been a very good way out for the staff of spider-man revealing his identity

why

1.Aunt May being abducted by the Skrull and replaced would have been shocking in the way of how deep and evil the skrulls invasion has gotten right under thier noses.

2. After knowing Aunt May is abducted Spidey would have gone after them with help. But remember the invasion would still be unknown on the level that it was.

3. One dead skrull...that's all you would need. One dead skrull killed in battle even accidently would have been a perfect way out for spidey and a way for Iron to make amends.

Iron man could easily report that Spidey was killed in battle while trying to be approhended for his turn coat ways during the way and his unwilingness to comply..But he would also add that the spider man they killed was not the spider-man at all..But a skrull posing as parker and also as spider-man, A frame job if you will in attempts to trouble the heroes in thier darkest hours. Parker was just a unlucky face picked for this scheme, Lucky for parker though the skrull told Iron of his where abouts and he was safely returned home.

BING BANG BOOM....PLOT THICKENED...PARKER NOT SPIDEY ANYMORE...IRON MAN BUILDS THE BRIDGE OF FRIENDSHIP AGAIN WITH SPIDEY.

Sigh...if only the house of creations could keep those creations in the realm of fun and not fluff to sell more comics to unknowing masses who think this is a universe changing event.

Dude. One issue. You're cursing the name of Marvel because, after one issue, they didn't focusing entirely on Spider-Man, thus messing up his continuity for the umpteenth time.

Plus, I'm getting really tired of the Aunt May stuff. She's already died twice now, and I'm sorry, but I'd like to think the Skrulls have better things to do than run around impersonating a 100 year old woman.

I love Wonder Man. Seriously.

I thought the first issue was good, and I love how creepy it is for the skrulls to say "He Loves You" before every attack, giving the whole thing a weird cult type feeling.

Also, being the big Annihilation nerd around here, I wonder how pissed Super Skrull will be when he finds out that all these ultra powerful skrulls were out there and they did dick all to stop the Annihilation Wave and the Phalanx.

The danger with this storyline is it could seriously mess up Marvel history. I've already given up on Spider-Man after One More Day and if too much else is rewritten/retconned it could be really annoying.

One tiny example: when Hank Pym puked after seeing Wasp in bed with Hawkeye, was he a Skrull then? Do the Skrulls have the ability to puke on command to make the act more convincing?

Loved the Jarvis and Captain Marvel being Skrulls. Captain Marvel should have stayed dead, and this is a chance to put that right. Jarvis makes perfect sense and doesn't involve a huge retcon.

My guess is Black Bolt was replaced right after World War Hulk. The reason I say Black Bolt was real in WWH is that, with that kind of international media coverage, the whole plot would have been blown right out of the water had the Skrull Black Bolt been killed. The Skrulls would have been forced to intervene after Black Bolt's capture by Hulk.

Honestly, I saw Pym coming a mile away. He was at the very top of my list. Jarvis, however, :shakehead:. Not Jarvis!

And I like Wonder Man. :blush:

I had a look at issue 502 of Avengers and it was a kree ship that Hawkeye died storming against

Also, isn't Hulkling a Skrull/Kree hybrid? Gotta wonder if he's gonna play a major role in Secret Invasion.

I hope Aunt May is a Skrull, so we can decide that she has been dead since they killed her off in Amazing Spider-Man 400. She should have stayed dead.

Hmm. I thought it was a Skrull ship, but even if it's a Kree ship, that could still mean something.

And I'm all for May being a Skrull only if it means she's been dead since Amazing Spider-Man #400. Otherwise, why bother?

Hulkling and Xavin are going to play big roles in Secret Invasion.

D.W, I'm cursing Marvel after the lack luster cival war

A Marvel Zombies that wasn't half as entertaining as it would have been if done by a fan and a skrull invasion that will see everyone but the clever or shocking choices being skrull.

they'd rather go the obvious route..Of course Pym is a skrull because that would be easier to do then say kidnapping a old lady who happens to be the aunt of spider man and try to assinate him later. But no A skrull would can easily get into the avengers rankings even though they have highly identitifying technology..that's much easier to get into then a new york city apartment. ...Okay I have ranted on marvel. lol I guess it's the case with me that..I love the ideas, they are always really great but the stories themselves always come off kinda shrug worthy.

As Pym, the Skrulls had access to government files, Avengers data, lists of potential superheroes (all of whom could be taken over) and stacks of otherworldly technology. Yes, it makes much more sense for the Skrulls to impersonate an old lady than someone like Hank Pym. :rolleyes:

Have you read Secret Invasion or any of the books leading up to it? If you had, you'd know that the Skrulls can't be detected! That's the reason it was so easy to get Skrulls inside the Avengers.

And what...? Marvel Zombies would have been more entertaining if it had been written by a fan? Um, in case you don't know, Robert Kirkman, the man who wrote Marvel Zombies, is a huge Marvel fanboy. Huge! So it was written by a fan.

well yea can't please all the people all the time, and for some reason I just feel that DC has been better at these world wide stroylines then Marvel has for a very long time now, which is weird to me because I feel over all Marvel has alot more to work with.

But that's the fun of being a armchair writer , that you can look at it and say wait a second..

My wait a second moment came when I felt they blew thier load in one wad ..Is Pym being a skrull juicey? Sure it is. But was letting us in so early smart? In my eyes no.

I have little hope for it to get better because of all the lack luster finishes to the stories done so far. And that's my biggest trouble.

Sure Kirkman may have been a fan boy but the fun drained in Marvels by not allowing a band of survivors that wouldbe more believeable and fun to watch..I mean ...Black Panther? Really Black panther?

It's like having Gaint man being the lead of the zombies.

Marvel is trying to push mid level heroes as main rosters which isn't the case and not really needed since marvel has so many main roster characters to work with.

So should they use Spidey? Hulk? Wolvie? Daredevil and the rest of the main roster more in main roles in these storylines...Hell yeah because that's what's selling these things...Not pym and Black panther. lol well that's just me and you may be right I won't say you aren't it just troubles me that Marvel has dropped so many balls lately

Wow. So if a character is considered "mid-level," he shouldn't be pushed because other characters sell better? That's just... wow... that's just wrong on so many levels.

First, overexposure. Wolverine and Spider-Man can only be in so many books. Eventually readers will grow tired of the characters (RE: Punisher in the 1990s), and then what's Marvel left with? Characters people no longer want to read (RE: pay for), and no one to take their place.

Second, just 10 years ago Daredevil was less than a "mid-level" character. No one was buying his book, and it was canceled. People saw him as a poor man's Spider-Man -- at best -- that's how low on the radar he was. Now look at him. He's one of Marvel's top characters. How did he get there? A bunch of creators who love the character made him a top-selling star. The same goes for Luke Cage, Captain America, Iron Fist and the Punisher. All it takes is one great story to make any character a star.

And what balls have they dropped? You didn't like the end of Civil War, that I know, and I'll give you One More Day, but what have they really screwed up?