X-Men spinoff

JackFetch

Zack Penn talks about the X-Men spinoff movie Fox is making about the young X-Men:

ZP: I'm attached to it. I'm also supposed to write and direct one of the X-Men spin-off movies for Fox, but that's not a Marvel film. It's not a pure Marvel movie. It's a Fox thing.

CMix: One of the X-Men spin-off movies? Any one in particular?

ZP: Yeah, it's like a young X-Men. It's a pretty cool idea, actually. I can't sell you the whole idea, but it involves a younger group of X-Men at the beginning.

CMix: You mean, like an X-Men: First Class kind of thing?

ZP: It is a little bit like that. I don't want to give away the concept of it, but it is a good idea. It is a little bit more of getting back to the classic X-Men. Some of the complaints we've talked about, it would address those directly.

CMix: Will it be all Wolverine's story?

ZP: Right, well that's the thing. It wouldn't involve Wolverine.

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/04/15/in...o-writing-hulk/

Jesus my head hurts.

Is he talking about an X-Men origin movie (with a young Storm, Cyclops, Jean, etc.), or is he talking about a new young team of X-Men?

I think he means a new young team of X-Men kind of like The New Mutants or the current Young X-Men comic. Get a good director on this, and i think it can be pretty good.

Jesus my head hurts.

Is he talking about an X-Men origin movie (with a young Storm, Cyclops, Jean, etc.), or is he talking about a new young team of X-Men?

I think he means a new young team of X-Men kind of like The New Mutants or the current Young X-Men comic. Get a good director on this, and i think it can be pretty good.

We can only pray it'll be better than Sin City, right? ;)

I don't think I mentioned that I'm generally not enamoured by Zak Penn either. X2 aside (which was based off a comicbook story arc in any case), how does this guy keep writing after Elektra, X-Men 3 and the Inspector Gadget movie?? My review for that btw - AVOID. Even at 13, I thought it was all kinds of awful. This is the guy who thought the Abomination name was "too silly" for Tim Roth's character in the upcoming Incredible Hulk film too.