Could Superman punch a hole through his own chest

RCoehrs

Question A:

Could Superman punch a hole through his own chest?

I know it's a weird question, But it came to me listening to the World's finest podcast and I was stumped.

A few reasons why I am stumped is because of a few theories

1.A straw can be driven through a raw potatoe with enough speed.

Now as humans we can't put are hands through our chests, but superman has super speed! could the velocity of his hand in a open palmed closed fingers position be sent through his chest?

2.Superman shaves and cuts his hair with his heat vision, Now I know thinner then skin, and easier to cut, burn, or detach...were talking superman. Now I ain't hip to Superman's powers used against him. that's why I had to ask.

Question B:

whose faster flash or superman?..I have heard of comics adressing this but never read them, I also have heard of the smallville Flash outrunning Clark but this is smallville and not up to par in answering my question. I kinda hopes it's flash.

Question C:

Whose Batman's Batman..I mean to say, Batman is the balance of superman, Supes goes crazy, Bats gets the call, but has it ever been established who would take out bats if he went nuts? I mean they gotta think on that after all Bats has plans that could take out the whole league if needed, and they know that. just curious

A) Yes, it's possible from a pure speed/force standpoint, but the real problem is his durability preventing the punch from puncturing. So, probably not.

B) Pre-crisis: Superman, Post-Crisis: Flash

C) If Bat's went nuts, pretty much anyone would be able to take him down. He's at his most dangerous when he's thinking over every action. A crazed, impulsive Batman wouldn't be effective at all.

A: Due to the weird angle that's required to do so, it's hard to punch yourself square in the chest at full strength. That said, I don't think Superman could do it. If you consider our strength compared to our durability, we can't. So why would Superman be able to? One has to assume that his strength and durability (though much greater than ours) are also in proportion.

B: Flash. If someone's faster than him, he's no longer the fastest man alive.

C: Deathstroke, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) or Hal Jordan.

A. No, but he might be able to bruise himself. I think he can only do as much damage to himself as we could do to ourselves, although I don't think they ever said that.

B. Flash. I think they covered this before.

C. He doesn't have anyone like that, but I think everyone assumes they will all go after him if needed to.

A. Nice question, but probally not

B. I always thought they were about the same, flash being a little faster. But flash is probally much faster

C. I agree with the explination that crazy batman, will lead to his downfall, but if he was determined, no one could stop him!

A. A level of geekhood I never thought I'd live to see has been achieved. I love it! I can punch a hole in a cheesecake...mmmm....cheesecake.

B. Flash. Always has been as far as I'm concerned. Pre-Crisis, Barry beat him and there's no doubt Flash could leave Supes in the dust before Supes ever thought of taking off nowadays.

C. I think Dick could take down Batman. For some reason. There's more than a dozen people who could stop him that are his friends. How about "Namtab, hcnup a eloh ni ruoy tsehc."?

I can punch a hole in a cheesecake...mmmm....cheesecake.

Please. I've punched a hole in a cheesecake lots of times.

Well, by "punch" I mean eat.

Erm... Eat a hole in a cheesecake.

Sigh.. yes, all right... eat a whole cheesecake.

Damn... here come the cheesecake sweats...

Superman punched a hole in the Cyborg at the end of the "Return of Superman" storyline, and Cyborg was both Kryptonian flesh and Kryptonian metal. The problem with doing that (as others have mentioned) is that punching yourself in the chest is an awkward angle.

Superman punched a hole in the Cyborg at the end of the "Return of Superman" storyline, and Cyborg was both Kryptonian flesh and Kryptonian metal. The problem with doing that (as others have mentioned) is that punching yourself in the chest is an awkward angle.

Ah, yes, but the Cyborg Superman had just been exposed to a huge amount of Kyptonite, while Supes had, thanks to The Eradicator, just returned to full power.

Nerdy nerd nerdness.