Say hello to our newest members

In an effort to make our newest members feel welcome, I thought I'd start this thread.

In the month of April, here's who joined:

- Adham

- Brother D

- Erin B.

- GoFlash

- JustinOliverAzbats

- the muse

- nebezial

- ProWrestlingFanatic

- Rytyfe

- Saka

- Spider_Surfer

- spiralmonk

So, new members, feel free to use this thread to introduce yourselves!

Thanks for the welcome!

I am Erin and I am very excited to be apart of Earth-2.net. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Now a little about me.

I am an avid Sherlockian (that's is to say a Sherlock Holmes fan), who watches cartoons (especially the DC Animated Universe) and movies with a ravenous enthusiasm. Though I am not the biggest comic book buff in the world, I like to read them. I am especially fond of the Golden Age and Silver Age comics, because they are a prime example of pop culture during some very pivotal moments in American history.

If there is anyone out there who would like to chat about the aforementioned cultural significance of comic books and cartoons alike, drop me a line.

Erin B.

I am an avid Sherlockian (that's is to say a Sherlock Holmes fan)

Have you read "A Study in Emerald" by Neil Gaiman? It's a mixing of two worlds: those of Lovecraft and Doyle. It's a very good read, and, best of all, you can read it for free.

Or Planetary (somewhere in the issues 13-17) covers Sherlock and the gothic monsters of the time in a spectacular way too.

For that matter, have you read any of the Dauphin stuff that Poe wrote? He invented the genre of detective fiction with Murders in the Rue Morgue.

Welcome, by the way.

I have not read 'A Study in Emerald' or 'Planetary'. I will have to take a look at those. Thanks for the recommendation. For those out there with an interest in forensics and Sherlock Holmes, there is a book out there called The Science of Sherlock Holmes: From Baskerville Hall to the Valley of Fear, the Real Forensics Behind the Great Detective's Greatest Cases by E.J. Wagner. It is the winner of an Edgar Award and has gotten acclaim from Sherlockians everywhere. Well worth the read.

Erin B.

• 3 months later...

My name is Skyler Queen, I'm 16 and live near the Windsor-Detroit border (Canadian side). I'm on many a Internet forum under this same handle. I picked JiminyCrick91 as the first forum I joined was a Disney one and Jiminy Cricket was my first Disney Sculpture. I was a big fan of the DCAU as a kid until about the time Justice League came on in Canada. I think I felt I was above superheros by that point ( Jimmy Neutron however was fine ). In August of 2005 I saw Batman Begins in a smaller IMAX near the end of it's run (both the film and the IMAX it's self which was torn down later). This sparked my interest in superheros again getting me to buy a few comics. after a bit I feel back out of comics until Superman Returns. After that film I started to watch Smallville and buy more and more comics. I still feel new to comics but I have been buying Nightwing for over a year and developed kind of a thing for Dick Grayson as a hero, person, and well I'm bi so you figure out the last one (other's I like are Harley, Babs, Ivy, and the DCAU's own Terry McGinnis) . I began to listen to WFP early in the year. In the beginning I was not a fan of the long banter bits and emails at the beginning of the show and stopped listening for about a month. I decided to give the show another chance and listened to it all the way. I was hooked. I have come to love Mike & James's wit and personality yet have found myself being more critical (and strangely sexual) about some of the DCAU episodes. I have even just started to listen to Earth-2.net- The show, picking out old topics that interest me and the newest few shows as well. I only have Seasons One & Two of Batman Beyond, as well as all of the real DCAU movies but Batwoman as I'm waiting on the Complete B:TAS but have found that the show digs up strong memories anyway (with the exception of Trail which I saw again after WFP and although I liked it way back when it really was a clusterf**k with some fun mixed in). Despite subscribing to 15 other regular podcasts (from Disney to The Office to Kevin Smith) as well as about 10 more irregular ones, I always eagerly await the newest WFP and re listen multiple times. I hope my stay at Earth-2 will be as fun as the podcasts from it that I've come to love.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mike I know you are extremely busy but I can't believe that you haven't updated the new members list since April

I already introduced myself under a thread at WFP but I figured I'd give everyone a little more info.

MY name is Michael Blanchard I am originally from Kingston, Massachusetts in 1993 I had to move to Louisville KY talk about a effin culture shock!!!! When I first moved my life as a teenager was in shambles so I started writing and it became a release for me. Since I was 14 I've got over 500 poems written and at the end of 2007 my very first book of poetry was published titled The Twists of Faith & Fate and this past July my second book was published The Twists of Faith & Fate II: Losing Faith Finding Fate.

I've recently acquired The Tiny Toons Season 1 Volume 1 DVD set and I have almost everything DCAU except B: TAS and S: TAS (paitently waiting for The Complete Animated Series of B: TAS) I loved the DCAU and Tiny Toons and Animaniacs and almost all the cartoons of the 90's Before that my favorites from the 80's were Transformers, He-Man, She-Ra, Voltron, M.A.S.K. and I love Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry (sorry mike and james but I loved the Batman Scooby Doo episode) I liked A Pup Named Scooby Doo better then the original shows.

I love everything with Earth-2.net and WFP so far I'm not into horror at all and plus Des's voice creeps me out.

Well I think that's all for now and if anyone wants to buy my books just send me a message on here I sell them as a bundle for $35 Twists I MSRP is $14.95 & Twists II MSRP is $19.95 so I sell them for $15, and $20 each and I don't charge for shipping. you can view the cover art at amazon or target.com or by going to the publisher's website www.publishamerica.com and then go to the online bookstore section then search the title of the books

Mike B.

Louisville KY

DCAU, WFP, Earth-2.net Fan

• 2 months later...

Hi there, nice to be a member of the forums after being introduced by Suavestar.

My name's Matt and my interests mostly include TV and film. I enjoy shows like Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Smallville, Ren & Stimpy, Family Guy and American Dad, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls, and films like the Back To The Future trilogy, The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Underworld/Underworld Evolution, and the Resident Evil trilogy.

I'm sure everyone'll get to know more as I post and stuff.