The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone has a fandom and some people have a hate-on for River Song. Besides, it's not like Adric is winning.

It was just a surprise. I thought the little twerp was universally loathed with the passion of a thousand firey suns.

Not at all. He actually has a small but loyal fanbase of people who were about his age and saw a lot of themselves in him.

Really enjoyed this weeks episode, Clara is starting to grow on me as an actual person and not just a plot point and whatever each episode needs her to be.

It was a brilliant Dalek episode.

I hadn't realised we were going to meet Danny so early and I like that he's an ex-soldier just like Ian was. It's going to be interesting seeing his interaction with 12 due to their different opinions on what it means to be a soldier. I can actually see him and Clara getting along naturally and what we saw of it it wasn't forced unlike some relationships we've seen in the past 50 years.

That scene where he cried I thought told us a lot about his military history and what he's like a person. Seeing someone who has that view about innocents being hurt could really make an impact on the Doctor and his lifestyle.

My heart broke when Gretchen died and asked the Doctor to do something good and name it after her, although that 'Welcom to Heaven' scene compelety ruined the mood. I get that they are trying to keep the story arc going but it just didn't fit in this episode at all. But I'm not sure it fits in with any episode, it clashes too much.

...although that 'Welcom to Heaven' scene compelety ruined the mood. I get that they are trying to keep the story arc going but it just didn't fit in this episode at all. But I'm not sure it fits in with any episode, it clashes too much.

I agree, but I'm reserving full judgement until we know what the hell she's all about. It might work out to be a good emotional call back

So... the Doctor pretty much straight up murdered that guy, right?

The first army guy? He was dead as soon as he shot those prongs.

I agree, it wasn't that the Doctor murdered that guy, he killed himself. It was the fact that the Doctor just shrugged off the death and purposefully used it in a way that gave the others hope that he would be able to save him. It was harsh but I thought it made it clear that he was a different person to 11 and that we would have to get used to a less caring Doctor who didn't make promises to try and save everyone when he knows he can't.

11 would have tried to work out a way to save him and then got angry when he couldn't. But then I can also clearly imagine 11 pushing the clockwork dude and I don't know if 12 did.

I'm digging this Doctor. Natural authority, harsh truths, abrasive. This is what I wanted from the Doctor for the entire run so far.

And contrary to other people's opinions I've loving the look of next week's episode. I mean, yes it looks a bit shit and campy but it also looks damn fun.

So... the Doctor pretty much straight up murdered that guy, right?

Well he did say he was already dead. He was just saving the rest of them. What he gave him to swallow didn't make the Daleks antibodies kill him (they were going to do that anyway) it just helped them out.

Really liked this episode and Capaldi. A good build on what we started to see last episode.

Loved the line "she cares so I don't have to" Great way to show the differences in this Doctor. Half way through I got worried that it was a pointless waste of time trying to fix a Dalek that once fixed would obviously reboot back to its old ways of killing humans. Glad it turned into them trying to discover if a good Dalek could actually exist and that they kind of failed in there atempt. Resulting in the Doctor once again doubting his worth i the universe

There hasn't really been any mention of what the Doctor went through at the end of 11. We're currently dealing with a Doctor who hasn't travelled for 900odd years. He was stuck on a planet as their only protector and now he's out and about again and that would have made a hell of an impact. Which hasn't been mentioned yet and I think it's probably important that they do.

I'm digging this Doctor. Natural authority, harsh truths, abrasive. This is what I wanted from the Doctor for the entire run so far.

And contrary to other people's opinions I've loving the look of next week's episode. I mean, yes it looks a bit shit and campy but it also looks damn fun.

I loved this episode. Whilst I think the previous episode was needed to get all the regeneration trauma bullshit out of the way, this very much felt like a series opener with regard to Twelve's persona, his interaction with Clara, Clara's development in her own right and setting up a new secondary character in Danny Pink. The fact that there's a pretty good Dalek story thrown in to boot is just icing on the cake.

Also, I've not seen the outright negativity for the next episode - I haven't looked at the internet much as I was away for most of yesterday, and have only now got caught up - but I am also stoked. Pandy will as much as tell you that I grew up loving the folklore of Robin Hood, so I'm damnably excited!

There hasn't really been any mention of what the Doctor went through at the end of 11. We're currently dealing with a Doctor who hasn't travelled for 900odd years. He was stuck on a planet as their only protector and now he's out and about again and that would have made a hell of an impact. Which hasn't been mentioned yet and I think it's probably important that they do.

I think while that would be nice to bring up, it might get a pass since the 12th Doctor is a different guy/persona....right? I know previous experiences with different Doctor's have influenced the succeeding ones, but maybe he's just in the mood to travel again and the whole protector of the planet thing that 11 left on died with him.

I really liked this one, a lot faster than last week's. I kind of saw the Doctor's callous attitude towards certain characters coming, but it was still shocking when certain things happened, in a good way. Clara's really good with Capaldi, and becoming more and more of a great character. I really like the "Tim Drake" aspect with her companionship as in she's not with him 100% of the time and travels with him occasionally. Has that ever happened before with other companions?

I really liked this one, a lot faster than last week's. I kind of saw the Doctor's callous attitude towards certain characters coming, but it was still shocking when certain things happened, in a good way. Clara's really good with Capaldi, and becoming more and more of a great character. I really like the "Tim Drake" aspect with her companionship as in she's not with him 100% of the time and travels with him occasionally. Has that ever happened before with other companions?

Not really, except for the Ponds at the end. Maybe if you count UNIT.

I'm just glad that they let him keep him Nothern Ireland accent.

The face was familiar to me, but if it weren't for the accent I never would have recognized him.

Welcome to Doctor Who Tyres! Was the last Doctor Who guest from Spaced Jessica Stevenson?

THAT'S who that was! Awesome!

Only a matter of time until Amber runs past the Doctor

yes!

Step up from last week. I loved the blunt coldness of 12 in this episode and I hope they continue with it. Still haven't completely warmed up to Clara, but this was probably the best outing she's had in terms of interacting with The Doctor and taking action in the plot. Not too sure about Danny Pink yet. I like the actor from what little we've seen, but I thought the womanizer gag and the student asking him about killing people felt forced. Hopeful about him getting fleshed out though. It's probably one of the best Dalek stories in the new series not just due to exploring the concept of a good Dalek, but also because of the echoes of the episode "Dalek". With this following an episode calling back to "The Girl in the Fireplace," I wonder if this recalling is a conscious decision that will have some place in the overarch for this season. Speaking of which, the one major misstep was the Missy piece, totally killed the drama of that scene.