The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, I know people were hoping for a Doctor/Brian scene but it wasn't really about the Doctor in the end. Instead of anger at the Doctor and the consequences of travelling with him instead we get a genuine resolution between the characters it really matters to. Beautiful stuff.

Off on a two day trip to Ireland tomorrow so I've pre-loaded my ipod with Who stories- Caves of Androzani, Spearhead from Space and Underworld. Looking for one more, any suggestions? Bearing in mind that I'm limited by the itunes selection and I've seen much of Baker's run. I'd really like Inferno but it's not there. I'd be open to a good Master story.

Watched Caves on a ferry from ireland to scotland, first time I've seen it since I was about ten. Jek is somehow even creepier now, but it says something when the fetish-suited wannabe rapist who builds robots to kill any humans who come near and hoards the cure for ageing is practically the anti-hero. The monsters were awful but the story was brilliant, almost needed to be bumped up to six parts to fit everything in.

The writers and directors of the rest of series 7 are, according to Bleeding Cool:

Episode Seven: Written by Neil Cross, directed by Farren Blackburn.

Episode Eight: Written by Mark Gatiss, directed by Douglas MacKinnon.

Episode Nine: Written by Neil Cross, directed by Jamie Payne.

Episode Ten: Written by Stephen Thompson, directed by Mat King.

Episode Eleven: Written by Mark Gatiss, directed by Saul Metzstein.

Episode Twelve: Written by Neil Gaiman, directed by Steven Wolfenden.

Episode Thirteen: Written by Steven Moffat, director to be announced.

Stephen Thompson wrote Curse of the Black Spot, Neil Cross has written for and won an Emmy for his work on Luther, and Mark Gatiss has a 50/50 track record. Neil Gaiman is Neil Gaiman.

DOCTOR WHO PRISONERS OF TIME #1 (OF 12)

(W) David Tipton, Scott Tipton (A) Simon Fraser (CA) Francesco Francavilla

November 23, 1963: A day that changed the world forever. That day saw the broadcast debut of Doctor Who, which was to become the longest-running science-fiction series on television. And now 50 years later, we pay tribute to one of the greatest pop-culture heroes of all time with this special series, which tells an epic adventure featuring all 11 incarnations of the intrepid traveler through time and space known simply as… the Doctor.

$3.99

DOCTOR WHO PRISONERS OF TIME #1 (OF 12)

(W) David Tipton, Scott Tipton (A) Simon Fraser (CA) Francesco Francavilla

November 23, 1963: A day that changed the world forever. That day saw the broadcast debut of Doctor Who, which was to become the longest-running science-fiction series on television. And now 50 years later, we pay tribute to one of the greatest pop-culture heroes of all time with this special series, which tells an epic adventure featuring all 11 incarnations of the intrepid traveler through time and space known simply as… the Doctor.

$3.99

Oh, when is that baby gonna be released?