The Doctor Who thread

Sad news that Ray Cusick, who was the designer on many early stories but will be most remembered for creating the iconic design of the daleks has passed away. So much of the success of Doctor Who was down to the Daleks and so much of the success of them was down to that wonderful design.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21563344

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And here's what I've watched and listened to lately:

The Mind Robber-Loved it. Troughton can get a bit annoying at times with the worrying but other than that, it was great all around. And of course, you can't talk about this story without mentioning that cliffhanger.

Terror of the Autons-Also really good. All Hail Delgado. My favorite bit was "What's wrong with being childish? I like being childish."

Storm Warning(8)-This was all right. I liked Charley. It lost me somewhere, though. I need to relisten to it.

The Maltese Penguin(6)-Hysterical.

Unregenerate!(7)-Meh. Didn't even bother finishing it. I love McCoy's overacting but I just couldn't get into the story.

The Ratings War(6)-It was pretty good. I liked Beep the Meep and he played well against Colin.

This show has taken over my life.

And here's the official BBC America press release.

Following a record-breaking year, fan favorite Doctor Who returns with a modern day urban thriller, The Bells of St. John, written by lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat (Sherlock). Set in London against the backdrop of new and old iconic landmarks – The Shard and Westminster Bridge – The Bells of St. John introduces a new nemesis, the Spoonheads, who battle the Doctor as he discovers something sinister is lurking in the Wi-Fi. The premiere will be followed by seven epic episodes written by Steven Moffat, acclaimed writer Neil Gaiman (Coraline, Beowulf), Mark Gatiss (Sherlock), Neil Cross (Luther) and Stephen Thompson (Sherlock).

The Doctor (Matt Smith) is joined by his new companion Clara (Jenna-Louise Coleman) for the latest set of incredible adventures through space and time. The duo finds new adversaries and familiar friends around every corner as they journey from the bottom of the ocean in a submarine to the center of the TARDIS and beyond. The Cybermen make a thunderous return and the Ice Warrior arrives in an unexpected place.

Steven Moffat, executive producer and lead writer, said,“It’s the 50th year of Doctor Who and look what’s going on! We’re up in the sky and under the sea! We’re running round the rings of an alien world and then a haunted house. There’s new Cybermen, new Ice Warriors and a never before attempted journey to the centre of the TARDIS. And in the finale, the Doctor’s greatest secret will at last be revealed! If this wasn’t already our most exciting year it would be anyway!”

Also appearing this season are guest stars Dougray Scott (Desperate Housewives, Mission: Impossible II), Warwick Davis (Life’s Too Short, Harry Potter), Celia Imrie (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel), Richard E Grant (Iron Lady, Dracula), Jessica Raine (Call the Midwife) and Tamzin Outhwaite (EastEnders, Law & Order: UK). Additionally, mother and daughter Dame Diana Rigg (Game of Thrones, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service) and Rachael Stirling (Tipping the Velvet) will appear on screen together for the first time. Doctor Who premieres Saturday, March 30, 8:00pm ET as part of Supernatural Saturday.