The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
Now there's an idea for the Earth-2 family. Much like WFP and Watchercast, an episode by episode recap of the Doctor Who series starting with the classics. William Hartnell. I'd love my own podcast, but being able to find all these classic shows would be a B*tch.

:whistle:

Now there's an idea for the Earth-2 family. Much like WFP and Watchercast, an episode by episode recap of the Doctor Who series starting with the classics. William Hartnell. I'd love my own podcast, but being able to find all these classic shows would be a B*tch.

Funnily enough, I've started doing something like this with Suavestar, only I'm doing the recent series first since the series 4 boxset it out next week. Then I was gonna go to the classic series and do like a different story every two/three weeks or so.

• 1 month later...

The British press had their screening of "The Next Doctor" today, and DigitalSpy cae away with these spoilers. Seriously, look away if you don't want to know. I ca now officially not wait for next Thursday, and not just because Santa's coming. I.e., point 7.

With much excitement, I toddled along to the press screening of the much-anticipated Doctor Who Christmas special this morning. There are a million and one questions surrounding 'The Next Doctor' - "is David Morrissey the successor of David Tennant?" being the chief curiosity - but in keeping with the spirit of things I'll leave that one firmly unanswered. Instead I offer you these ten tantalising teasers:

1. The mysterious Cybershades can jump quite high.

2. Neither the Doctor nor the Other Doctor recognise each other. But the latter doesn't remember much anyway.

3. There are two words that the Doctor never refuses.

4. The Other Doctor has a TARDIS - and it's magnificent.

5. For a while Rosita becomes the Doctor's companion (but then you'll know that already if you've read our interview with the lovely Velile Tshabalala).

6. The script includes the customary line "what about the children?"

7. At least one previous incarnation of the Doctor makes an appearance.

8. Miss Hartigan (Dervla Kirwan) is a very special lady.

9. The Other Doctor's fobwatch is a very important clue.

10. "I suppose ** *** ***, **** ***** ** *****."

Tennant Eyes Dr Who Musical

Doctor Who star David Tennant is keen for the cult TV show to be turned into a musical - because he loves "a song and a dance."

The Scottish actor is adamant the sci-fi programme would easily translate to the stage, but would prefer to keep a musical version on TV screens as it would be difficult to find the time for a long-running live production.

He says, "Doctor Who: The Musical has been mentioned. I would be up for it. I love a song and a dance. The thing about a musical is you have to commit for a year and a half and it's eight times a week."

Tennant was recently forced to pull out of his run in a London production of Shakespeare's Hamlet due to a back injury.

The above is from IMDB.

This is the first I've heard of his back injury.

Tennant Eyes Dr Who Musical

Doctor Who star David Tennant is keen for the cult TV show to be turned into a musical - because he loves "a song and a dance."

The Scottish actor is adamant the sci-fi programme would easily translate to the stage, but would prefer to keep a musical version on TV screens as it would be difficult to find the time for a long-running live production.

He says, "Doctor Who: The Musical has been mentioned. I would be up for it. I love a song and a dance. The thing about a musical is you have to commit for a year and a half and it's eight times a week."

Tennant was recently forced to pull out of his run in a London production of Shakespeare's Hamlet due to a back injury.

The above is from IMDB.

This is the first I've heard of his back injury.

He's had to step out of his role as Hamlet for the time being to heal it up. Reportedly, he's going to return for the last week of the run and then start filming the Dr Who specials.