The Doctor Who thread

Big Finish is offering a number of special releases at a lower pre-order price until December 17th 2012. These include the UNIT: Dominion box set starring Sylvester McCoy, an Eight Doctor Box Set, and a pair of Sixth Doctor specials. The box sets will be a little pricey (less pricey right now), but the downloads of the specials are only $1 each.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's time to re-rank The Doctors

01. Matt Smith

02. Colin Baker (based on three stories)

03. Jon Pertwee

04. Christopher Eccleston

05. David Tennant

06. Tom Baker

07. Peter Davison

08. Patrick Troughton

09. Paul McGann

10. William Hartnell

There's only one more Doctor to go!

I do realize putting Hartnell at the bottom might seem unfair. That's why I hope to truly reevaluate this list in six months.

I'd say that makes me the winner of the Pertwee/Baker Twitter feud. ;)

Here's my current ranking:

01. Colin Baker

02. Matt Smith

03. Sylvester McCoy

04. Tom Baker

05. David Tennant

06. Patrick Troughton

07. Christopher Eccleston

08. Jon Pertwee

09. William Hartnell

10. Peter Davison

11. Paul McGann

01. Matt Smith

02. Patrick Troughton

03. Tom Baker

04. David Tennant

05. Christopher Eccleston

06. Peter Davison

07. Jon Pertwee

08. Sylvester McCoy

09. Colin Baker

10. Paul Mcgann (Only because of his one story, I have never heard any of his audio work. I suspect if he had more stories or ever came back in the further adventures of Doctor 8 he would go way up on my list.)

11. William Hartnell (Although I do like his version of the Doctor, I do find his performance harder to watch than any of the others.)

From Twitter:

steven_moffat Steven Moffat

To clarify: any Doctor Who movie would be made by the BBC team, star the current TV Doctor and certainly NOT be a Hollywood reboot.

Movie thing: David Yates, great director, was speaking off the cuff, on a red carpet. You've seen the rubbish I talk when I'm cornered.

Translation: Moffat went to BBC and told them he'd quit if they didn't knock off that movie shit

From Twitter:

To clarify: any Doctor Who movie would be made by the BBC team, star the current TV Doctor and certainly NOT be a Hollywood reboot.

Movie thing: David Yates, great director, was speaking off the cuff, on a red carpet. You've seen the rubbish I talk when I'm cornered.

Translation: Moffat went to BBC and told them he'd quit if they didn't knock off that movie shit

Just a hunch on my part, but I think you need a new translator.

From Twitter:

Moffat shares the same conviction that I do. Glad to hear it!

:buttrock:

<object width="745" height="528"><param name="movie" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param'>http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fiplayer%2Fplaylist%2Fp00m7qjb&config=undefined&config_settings_skin=black&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></param><embed src="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="745" height="528" FlashVars="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fiplayer%2Fplaylist%2Fp00m7qjb&config=undefined&config_settings_skin=black&config_settings_suppressRelatedLinks=true&config_settings_showFooter=true&"></embed></object>

That's fantastic news! I was just thinking about how unlikely it was any more episodes would ever turn up. Can't wait to see them!

R

Won't be the last recovered episodes. The BBC has been working with a radio astronomer to recover some old television transmissions that have bounced back from space. Among those are some lost episodes of Doctor Who. No word yet which ones they are but considering the time frame in the article, probably Hartnel.

Big Finish have announced that the Doctor is to meet up with his old acquaintances Henry Gordon Jago and Professor George Litefoot!

The company has confirmed that Christopher Benjamin and Trevor Baxter will once again reprise the Victorian investigative duo alongside Tom Baker as The Doctor and Mary Tamm as Romana in The Justice of Jalxar.

The adventure is written by John Dorney and will form part of the second season of The Fourth Doctor Adventures, to be released in 2013.

Meanwhile, Season One of The Fourth Doctor Adventures begins next month with Destination: Nerva, featuring Louise Jameson as Leela - it is available for pre-order from Big Finish.

Source