The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because these are always fun, Rich Johnston is saying that he thinks an actor named Daniel Rigby is the guy. He's not done anything here in the US, but mong other things he was in a series of ads for BT and won a BAFTA out from under Smith and Cumberbatch.

As per usual, bear in mind the source.

In the past 72 hours, betting on Rigby has become so crazed once again that he's nearly caught up with Capaldi. And Rich Johnston is showing his work why he's so sure this is the guy.

Very very happy. Both with the choice of Capaldi, who really is a superb actor, and with the general choice of someone older (he's the same age as William Hartnell was when he was cast in 1963)

Yeah, Hartnell only beats him by a handful of months for Oldest Doctor Ever.

I will admit to being surprised. I didn't think we'd ever get an older actor to play the Doctor. Never been more happy to be wrong. Peter Capaldi is a brilliant actor and a great choice!

I am also assuming that we'll be getting a less manic Doctor this time around. After Tennant and Smith that will be nice...

Brilliant choice, I can't wait to see what's going to happen. I really didn't think it was going to be him, thinking the BBC would stick to the idea of having an unknown actor in the role. But I'm glad I'm wrong (I've been telling people it wouldn't be him for the past couple of weeks for a while)

Although one minor point in my mind he's the stupid politician guy from Torchwood Children of Earth who was running the damn thing and was the one to give the 'blank sheet' order to Jack. PLEASE let the Doctor meet up with Jack again or someone who would have known that character (I can't remember his name) and for it to be mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JjAyazqtQj8

Honestly, what I'm seeing of him reminds me of Eccleston. And if we can get a Doctor along those lines, I will be SO FUCKING HAPPY. :D

Also, was watching Fires of Pompeii. Did not realize Karen Gillan was in that, too.