The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're releasing the whole of the new series so far, on Blu-Ray. Here's the complete box set

http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/doctor-who-the-complete-series-1-7-box-set-blu-ray/invt/bbcbd0242?cm_mmc=DWTV-_-Doctor+who-_-DWTV-_-Complete+series+1-7

Costs £167 and is out in the UK on 4th November, but I imagine sometime next year they'll release the individual seasons seperately.

"Oops, we released this information by mistake" happens too regularly to be anything but part of the marketing.

And yes, that schedule (Special, the Gatiss bio-doc, the lookback, the remastered Unearthly Child) looks to be a pretty spectacular day.

And Brain Cox looking at the science and the culture show looking at how it's made an impact on British Culture and the radio show....

AND ALL THE RECORDING THAT WEEKEND. I've warned my parents that if they don't record everthing I am going to kill them - same rules apply if they delete them off the box before I can move them onto my hard drive

There's the three Doctors, the five Doctors and the two Doctors where they meet up with previous regenerations. And they do it a few times in Big Finish.

Also we have more news on what the BBC are doing to celebrate:

Radio 1 are doing a TROCK show

Radio 2 are doing a Blaggers guide to Doctor Who and Graham Norten is doing his show from the Excel Convention.

BBC3 are doing a monsters and villians countdown and an ultimate guide to Doctor Who as well as one other thing they have yet to announce.

And CBBC are doing some stuff as well as a couple of Blue Peter shows.

Why is it not November yet? (Ignoring the fact that means Rosie and I need to have actually written our story for the Doctor Who Draft)

But the only time a Doctor has interacted directly with his immediately previous incarnation was The Three Doctors, where Troughton spent four episodes driving Pertwee up the wall.

That was what I was after, thanks. The Three Doctors could be the ropiest story in the Who canon (it isn't), but it is made by Troughton & Pertwee getting on each other's nerves!

The Three Doctors could be the ropiest story in the Who canon (it isn't), but it is made by Troughton & Pertwee getting on each other's nerves!

As a story, it's not very good, but Troughton and Pertwee are clearly having a ball and they're very fun to watch.

Today,walking down the street where I work, and spotted - down a side street - a second hand book shop. I can never resist one; you never know what you are going to find on the shelves. I can spend hours in such a place. I could only do a quick walkthrough this time.

And oh boy, did I strike gold. A whole pile of classic series novelisations.

Not reprints (although they had some).

The originals.

It's not going to be open when I get out of work, but I am going back tomorrow when I have more time and I'm hoping I'm not going to bankrupt myself getting them. They must be mine.