The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one of my favorite series on Youtube, and they finally did a Doctor Who episode.

http://youtu.be/z5vLvo9yXpA

I like when the one girl says we'll find out who the real fans are when the next Doctor isn't a young handsome guy.

I was surprised when it turned out that the blonde girl wasn't already a fan. From the way she reacted to the trailers, she seemed to be.

BBC has put out a two hour slightly trashy documentary on the history of Who, bookended by a plot where the 11th Doctor has lost his memory and Clara is helping him get it back. So far they've got McGann, McCoy, Baker and Davison involved as well, looks like an all star set of interviews.

However I do think the choice to make it trashy has slightly ruined it, there's music playing over everything and the VO guy is one of those colloquial accents you usually hear presenting teen shows on T4.

edit- Couldn't watch any more after about 15 minutes. It's a shame to get all that talent together for an idiots guide. Maybe if you have all the living Doctors in for interviews you don't waste it on asking what a Tardis is?

It was just so annoying to consign this opportunity to a talking heads channel 4 lists-show type of production. Do a real history of the show with people who actually have something to say! Don't get Al Murray on to talk about how he hid behind the sofa whenever a Cyberman came along.

Well, "An Adventure in time and space" was absolutely fantastic. So moving and well done. David Bradley was brilliant.

I'll have to watch it again to pick up all the references I missed first time round. spotted a couple of cameos

Anneke Wills and Jean Marsh (Polly and Sara Kingdom) in the party scene.

I also didn't realise till the end credits that the guy who wanted to kill Doctor Who was played by the Actor who played Marco Polo.

Excellent stuff, although Reece Shearsmith wasn't right for Troughton at all, much as I like him. They probably shouldn't have put him in there just because he's mates with the writer. Everyone else worked wonderfully though, David Bradley and Jessica Raine carried the thing.

The whole thing was so well handled showing both sides of William Hartnells Grumpy but lovable character. When Reece Shearsmith turned up as Troughton I just chuckled. He probably didn't fit quite right and did look a bit odd but it was such a small part it didn't bother me at all.

When Matt Smith Showed up at the end I was actually stunned. Nice touch.

I knew in advance it would be him, but I tend to feel like if you've got someone with gravitas for Hartnell you needed someone substantial to hand off to for Troughton. It didn't feel like the original handover where it had new possibilities, if felt like a huge step down. But I do agree, that's a very minor failure in an otherwise strong dramatisation.